UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach's Poll

Kansas ranked 23rd, Villanova 25th...and scary news...

Siena receiving votes...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Siena deserves to receive votes (IMO)- they had a great year last year and they bring back most of their players.

They received 8 votes

1. North Carolina (31) 0-0 775

2. Connecticut 0-0 707

3. Louisville 0-0 694

4. UCLA 0-0 650

5. Duke 0-0 578

6. Pittsburgh 0-0 576

7. Michigan State 0-0 572

8. Texas 0-0 538

9. Notre Dame 0-0 525

10. Purdue 0-0 465

11. Gonzaga 0-0 437

12. Memphis 0-0 425

13. Tennessee 0-0 408

14. Oklahoma 0-0 387

15. Arizona State 0-0 304

16. Miami (FL) 0-0 233

17. Marquette 0-0 219

18. Georgetown 0-0 175

19. Florida 0-0 161

20. Davidson 0-0 158

21. USC 0-0 153

21. Wisconsin 0-0 153

23. Kansas 0-0 130

24. Wake Forest 0-0 129

25. Villanova 0-0 122

Others Receiving Votes

UNLV 60, Saint Mary's 59, Ohio State 54, Baylor 47, Xavier 27, Syracuse 23, Texas A&M 19, LSU 19, Arizona 18, Virginia Tech 15, Brigham Young 13, West Virginia 10, Washington 8, Siena 8, Kentucky 7, Vanderbilt 7, Oklahoma State 4, Clemson 2, Washington State 1.

Reeder - I think the $aints had a great end to last season but not a great season. They were very good!!!

They actually were lucky to win the MAAC Tourney, and I'm not being argumentative - it's just my opinion - they made or caught some breaks which of course good teams do.

This year they are on the verge of having a "GREAT SEASON". They must stay healthy (which has been a slight problem) and make their breaks.

Anything less then running wild through the MAAC and the MAAC Tourney would be a GREAT disappointment.

Reeder - I think the $aints had a great end to last season but not a great season. They were very good!!!

They actually were lucky to win the MAAC Tourney, and I'm not being argumentative - it's just my opinion - they made or caught some breaks which of course good teams do.

This year they are on the verge of having a "GREAT SEASON". They must stay healthy (which has been a slight problem) and make their breaks.

Anything less then running wild through the MAAC and the MAAC Tourney would be a GREAT disappointment.

Agree with Patch, They were down 17 on their home court and won by the skin of their teeth. Not that I can blame them but I think some of them (fans) are getting way ahead of themselves. As Patch said, they did not have a GREAT season, they had a number of clunkers and caught fire at the right time. They lost their decent backup PG and have done nothing to shore up their interior D and rebounding. They are a team with some holes....but almost everyone is at this level.

Now, having said all that, they still have a great team and have a chance to have a great season. The 4 guys in their starting lineup are freaking studs, no other way to put it. They have a chance to have a good season I simply think they will only marginally be better if any better at all. Not that last season was not a great season but with a roster that does have some holes, I think a drastic improvement is a bit to much to expect. Their RPI will fall somewhere in the 50-75 range. Anything less then a run through the MAAC to reach the NCAA's will be a disappointment.

I'm not hating on Siena, (I'd love to have a couple of their kids on our team) but I think there are legitimate concerns with the makeup of the team. If they can find ways to plug those holes then I'd say they stand a chance to have a better then good season. Top 25 teams (as some of them think they have a chance to be) don't have question marks like, who is going to rebound or....who's gonna backup Moore if he has a twisted ankle and can't go a game or two.

Their success is no skin off our collective backs so I hope we catch them and hang an L on them otherwise no harm in them doing well. Well, maybe there is some harm in them doing well....a good number of their posters will probably get totally belligerent.

Understood - I was looking primarily at how they finished their season with a win in the tournament over Vanderbilt (before losing in the second round). At their level / our level, a tournament win coupled with returning most of their key players leads to high expectations and you're right - I think they are on the verge of having a great season barring injuries...

I do think that sometimes we underestimate or discredit them because of their posters. You make another good point in the above post - we need to separate how good their team is / might be from our feelings about some of their fans / posters.

Bosi - Ypu have to separate two things ..................

1. The $aint team can do GREAT !!!!! things this season!

2. A good portion of $aint fans are ARROGANT $OBs

That's just my opinion.

Agree on #2

#1 I would rather it not be the case because of #2, but with the bar set so high for them this season, it could still be a fun season. I mean even 1-2 in the maac Mickey Mouse classic could be a let down from them when usually that is a sky high accomplishment for a maac team. A loss in the maac finals this season for them could be just as enjoyable as a first round loss for them 2 or 3 years ago.

Archived