UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wow, that was weird, I started posting something and then I got sidetracked and never actually pressed submit, but it posted anyway.

Anyway, what I started to say was that looking at the standings, I believe a win at Robert Morris clinches the NEC title.

RMU will be tough, they are coming off of a good win over CCSU, but they've lost some bad games this year too.

The travel to Pittsburgh is always brutal, but with a conference title on the line I expect them to be up and running McCarty from the first whistle.

If they can win, they would be setting up one of the greatest fan days in UA athletics history- December 6, 2008.

Gridiron Classic at 1pm

Albany/Siena at 7pm.

Pre-game Albany/RMU article:

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...category=SPORTS

Expect a big day out of McCarty. Needs 184 to break Gary Jones's rushing record.

McCarty can become the school's career rushing leader on Saturday. He has 2,849 yards, 184 behind leader Gary Jones of Ravena.

Jones gained his 3,033 in two seasons (2002-03) after transferring from Hudson Valley Community College.

Is McCarty in the running for the Walter Payton Award? Too bad that there isn't seperate awards for rushers and qbs.

Walter Payton Award Description

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...misc/payton.htm

Rushing leaders - FCS

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...-indrushing.htm

All Purpose Rushers - FCS

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...dallpurpose.htm

If you take out punt return yardage and kickoff return yardage from the all purpose list, and only include rushing and receiving yards, McCarty is #1 on the list. He's way ahead of Sinisi on this list.

He's got to be in consideration!

Payton list gets revised this week and its likely McCarty will be added with McLeod from Yale being taken off.

It will be nice to see his name on there. Gary was a Payton candidate and there was actually a website similar to what they do with Heisman candidates.

This year will be very difficult (if not impossible) for anyone outside of Rodney Landers (JMU) and Armanti Edwards (App State) to win.

Both of those guys have ridiculous numbers.

McCarty should definitely be an All-american though and set up nicely to be on the pre-season Payton list next year with a legit shot at being a finalist.

the award is so touchdown happy it is unreal. It is clear as day to us that with/without the number, UA would not be where it is if not for McCarty. The problem is his TD numbers. You will also have the bs excuse of him playing in the NEC, which is garbage since he put up big numbers against the 4 non-conference teams.

the award is so touchdown happy it is unreal. It is clear as day to us that with/without the number, UA would not be where it is if not for McCarty. The problem is his TD numbers. You will also have the bs excuse of him playing in the NEC, which is garbage since he put up big numbers against the 4 non-conference teams.

True. TD's are big.

The other thing that will preclude him from winning is the bad game against Delaware. 47 yards against a 3-6 team isn't going to do it.

Additionally, he's not even the top rusher in the NEC. Sinisi is and he's been on the Payton list for two weeks now.

That article says that McCarty is "winding his career down." He's a junior on the roster, does someone know something we don't?

I hope not, but its not uncommon at this level. I left a year of eligibility on the table myself.

That article says that McCarty is "winding his career down." He's a junior on the roster, does someone know something we don't?

I hope not, but its not uncommon at this level. I left a year of eligibility on the table myself.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he is scheduled to graduate after the fall semester next year. So hopefully we have another year of watching him.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he is scheduled to graduate after the fall semester next year. So hopefully we have another year of watching him.

I sure hope so.

Archived