UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ 'Nova

This figures to be a very difficult opponent for us....they are ranked 23rd in the AP Polls.....’Nova returns, all five starters from last year’s team; a team that went 22-13 overall 9-9 in the BE and finished with an RPI of 44. A number of their bench players have a bunch of starts under their belt also. They are a very experienced team as four of their starters have been through 3 NCAA runs (Sweet 16 last year and an Elite Eight before that) they also have senior leadership with 4 seniors on the roster.

From what I can gather their most important piece on the floor for them is Scotty Reynolds (JR) a great PG who isn’t only their best player statistically but also is the captain of the team. He will be a very difficult matchup for our guards to handle at 6-2 195lb he also plays off the ball at times as he is a more of a scoring guard rather than a true pass first PG. In order for us to have any chance at winning this game (pulling off a monumental upset) we have to find a way to slow him down. If there is a weakness in his game is that he is somewhat TO prone as his A/TO ratio is 1.06, that's down from 1.3 from his freshmen year.

Senior forward Shane Clark, their starting SF underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Nov ‘6 and will miss this game as he recuperates. While you never wish injury on any player and you always want to go against the best the other team has to offer, this injury should make things a bit easier for us.

Based on this news release it looks like the event will be streamed online, the best thing to do would be check on Friday. It’s $9.95 (if the game is indeed streamed) so don’t forget to cancel it right after, unless you are interested in watching ‘Nova games.

EDIT: Link to All-Access

apparently they are only offering audio and not video coverage of the game.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UA'08,

I thought the same thing but this paragraph gave me pause..."The event is effectively "sold out" with no tickets available at the door (tickets were free and distributed primarily through a student lottery). The entire night will be video streamed on villanova.com's "Nova Nation" All-Access pass."

Best of luck tonight. Nova is a very good team, as Siena found out last year, and is led by as good a guard as the Danes will play against all year.

Playing in Philly, against a top 25 team from the Big East in front of a sold out crowd should be an amazing experience for the team.

UA'08,

I thought the same thing but this paragraph gave me pause..."The event is effectively "sold out" with no tickets available at the door (tickets were free and distributed primarily through a student lottery). The entire night will be video streamed on villanova.com's "Nova Nation" All-Access pass."

I am not sure if i should take the chance and order it because I am not sure if there will actually be video. When I open up the multimedia player there is no link for watch. There is a link only for listen. If only I could find a number to call.

How many are gonna fork over the $10? I'm thinking I'm gonna pay for it, I haven't always had great results though some are better then others, I'm hoping that a top 25 team has some decent bandwidth and I'll actually be able to see the game.

Also, TU is reporting that Billy has a broken nose and will play with a face mask, no update on the starting lineup for today's game.

There are also a few clips from the TU staff (interviews/analysis).

Archived