UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ 'Nova

This figures to be a very difficult opponent for us....they are ranked 23rd in the AP Polls.....’Nova returns, all five starters from last year’s team; a team that went 22-13 overall 9-9 in the BE and finished with an RPI of 44. A number of their bench players have a bunch of starts under their belt also. They are a very experienced team as four of their starters have been through 3 NCAA runs (Sweet 16 last year and an Elite Eight before that) they also have senior leadership with 4 seniors on the roster.

From what I can gather their most important piece on the floor for them is Scotty Reynolds (JR) a great PG who isn’t only their best player statistically but also is the captain of the team. He will be a very difficult matchup for our guards to handle at 6-2 195lb he also plays off the ball at times as he is a more of a scoring guard rather than a true pass first PG. In order for us to have any chance at winning this game (pulling off a monumental upset) we have to find a way to slow him down. If there is a weakness in his game is that he is somewhat TO prone as his A/TO ratio is 1.06, that's down from 1.3 from his freshmen year.

Senior forward Shane Clark, their starting SF underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Nov ‘6 and will miss this game as he recuperates. While you never wish injury on any player and you always want to go against the best the other team has to offer, this injury should make things a bit easier for us.

Based on this news release it looks like the event will be streamed online, the best thing to do would be check on Friday. It’s $9.95 (if the game is indeed streamed) so don’t forget to cancel it right after, unless you are interested in watching ‘Nova games.

EDIT: Link to All-Access

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some part of me can't quite believe we're playing Friday. I mean, I know we've all been jonesing for hoops since the summer, and it seemed like the season would never get here. But I look at bosiy's countdown, and we're almost there. I don't think I've anticipated a season like this since '05-'06, maybe because we haven't seen the majority of these players in action yet, the curiosity factor. It should be a wild and woolly ride, hopefully we can gel at the end when it counts.

Go Danes!

S$

Wait a second, is Bosi's clock counting down to 8 AM of game day? In any event the season is close!

The starting five for the Nova game is on the blog

Johnson

Allen

Connelly

Covington

Giff

Who had that lineup in their preseason predictions? I was hoping to see Brian Connelly go back to PF this year. Maybe as the season goes on.

am i the only one here that thinks harris should start no matter what even though he's not 100% conditioning wise? you can still start him and take him out when he needs a rest. i feel that harris did us a huge favor coming here and deserves to get the start.

LOL....on the clock. Fixed it now but it was a simply oversight, it needed the hour variable to equal 8pm military time (ie. 20hours).

Billy in the starting lineup....wow, I knew he impressed some of us during the scrimmage in our limited opportunity to see him but he must be doing something right in practice. Who could have called the starting five? I got three of the five right but had Brian at the wrong position. Should be an interesting experiment.

am i the only one here that thinks harris should start no matter what even though he's not 100% conditioning wise? you can still start him and take him out when he needs a rest. i feel that harris did us a huge favor coming here and deserves to get the start.

With all due respect, I disagree on him doing us a huge favor. He is getting a free education, close to home. I suspect he'll get a good 20+ minutes Friday as he continues to work himself into shape and I suspect he'll be starting soon enough. The biggest surprise is Jimmy and Brett starting together as well as Billy in the starting lineup.

Billy looked real good to me in the purple/gold scrimmage, but still surprised he is starting. I thought for sure that Will and Timmy would start. I really think the athleticism that Ambrose has should be on the floor as much as possible. That said, "In Brown I Trust"

With all due respect, I disagree on him doing us a huge favor. He is getting a free education, close to home. I suspect he'll get a good 20+ minutes Friday as he continues to work himself into shape and I suspect he'll be starting soon enough. The biggest surprise is Jimmy and Brett starting together as well as Billy in the starting lineup.

true and having basically 2 centers starting could be a problem early with villanovas speed and athleticism.

true and having basically 2 centers starting could be a problem early with villanovas speed and athleticism.

I suspect that coach will be watching the two centers closely and will pull one if we are being run off the floor. I agree....in coach Brown we trust. The starting lineup to start the season will probably change as the season moves along.

I suspect that coach will be watching the two centers closely and will pull one if we are being run off the floor. I agree....in coach Brown we trust. The starting lineup to start the season will probably change as the season moves along.

Yes--that may be the starting lineup--but there will be frequent rotation. As the season develops we will see new options

I think other people have made the point that Coach Brown probably trusts his veterans more early in the season. Giff, Covington and Connelly have all been with us for a while and Allen practiced last year so he's familar with what we're doing. That said, I'm surprised also but I usually am.

I think other people have made the point that Coach Brown probably trusts his veterans more early in the season. Giff, Covington and Connelly have all been with us for a while and Allen practiced last year so he's familar with what we're doing. That said, I'm surprised also but I usually am.

I'm hoping that because Giff is starting we will see a different player on the floor this season, a la a Lillis transformation.

Seems to me that Coach's strategy is fairly patent:

Brown has said his team can play in a “variety of ways.” And though UAlbany would like to run more, they might have to go to bigger lineups in their first two games against Villanova and DePaul, both Big East opponents.

“I really don’t know how much of that (up-tempo) style you’re going to see on Friday and Monday, to be honest with you,” Brown said. “Villanova’s so long and athletic and so good on the offensive glass, I’ve told guys that we have to secure the ball. And I’d rather have five guys trying to secure the ball than five guys anxious to run.”

Archived