UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

What the heck is going on?

Ten point lead at halftime against the Central NY powerhouse that is Colgate and scored 15 points in the second half...joy. Meanwhile Hartford upset Duke a couple of days ago and Vermont beat Providence tonight. I remember the good old days when Hartford seemed to never be able to beat us. This "It's a young team" narrative is getting old. Pun intended. I think it maybe be time to have a re-focusing session on the future of the women's program.

Hey Patterson has one year to right the ship so lets see what she can do. I remember last year the team was slow out of the gate. Let it play out...

It's two years:

"University at Albany Vice President and Director of Athletics Lee McElroy announced today that head women’s basketball coach Trina Patterson will receive a two-year contract extension. The agreement will extend the coach’s contract through the 2009-10 season."

I wish that women's basketball would be held to the same scrutiny as the men's program. If this was the corporate world we would have had a change some time ago.

Fortunately it is easy for me to ignore this one UA athletic program, so that is it for me on this topic...

They had their best AE season last year. Let's wait and see what happens. I attend most of the games and the team has really changed its style last year. They are a lot more fun to watch. They've played a pretty ambitious non-league schedule so far. Did you stop supporting the men after the Canisius game last year? One or two "bad" losses do not make a season.

How about a 14 point loss to VCU...But my original point is UHart has won a NCAA tourney game, beat Duke, Vermont the other day beat Providence and we can't beat Marist. But wait, the MAAC is a powerhouse conference cause Siena is in it so it couldnt have been that bad of a loss.

Marist actual has a very good women's team. They are one of the top mid majors other than Hartford. They are also head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the maac especially Siena.

Marist would have been a stiff test for UA even if we played them on a normal travel schedule. And an impossible team to play 48 hours after playing a top 10 team in California.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived