UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

college hoops.net

i know its early, but for our amusement college hoops.net has updated its bracketology and has UA in the tournament after removing Hartford. we are a 15 seed. i think all of us would not mind this prediction coming true come march.

P.S. during the season, they usually have the first place team in the AE as its rep for the dance. our 5-2 record makes us in 1st place

i know its early, but for our amusement college hoops.net has updated its bracketology and has UA in the tournament after removing Hartford. we are a 15 seed. i think all of us would not mind this prediction coming true come march.

P.S. during the season, they usually have the first place team in the AE as its rep for the dance. our 5-2 record makes us in 1st place

Nor would I be upset if Niagara was a 14 out of the maac.

Nor would I be upset if Niagara was a 14 out of the maac.

We are projected as a 13 seed here.

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/bracket.aspx

I know i am speculating WAY WAY WAY early here....but if we do make the tourney, I hope we get thrown in the Boston bracket....

Boston is the regional round. The first round sites are:

Greensboro, North Carolina

Kansas City, Missouri

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Portland, Oregon

Boise, Idaho

Dayton, Ohio

Miami, Florida

Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Even tough it is early my preference would be Greensboro because the UA baseball team is playing that weekend in Greensboro.

I think we also have one of the higher RPI rankings (for whatever that is worth) at this point for America East teams, which could help justify us at the NCAA Tourney pick at this juncture. We check in at #48. Is this the higheset we've ever been in the RPI rankings in our Division I history? If not, is this the highest we've been this late in the season (after 7 games)?

Siena has dropped to #128, yet they are supposedly the "superior" team. Go figure.

In another 2 week, maybe a bit longer conference RPI will be pretty much locked in. UA at 48 or c-N-UH at 120 doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. Bing was in the 300 and after winning against Q the other day went up to where they are right now.

Albany has a very good chance to be a top 100 team RPI wise but they will need a few more OOC wins, especially against the better teams like Lehigh. Penn win will be a good feather in our cap.

The AE as a whole has done well, much better then I expected. I was hoping for a modest improvement after last year, somewhere in the 20-22 range, it looks like we are on target to get into the 17-19 range.

With each passing day (if you monitor RPI closely) you'll notice that the swings will start to diminish.

Here is an interesting question....now that we are a few weeks into the season and most teams have at least 4 or 5 games under their belt.....how would you guys rank the teams in our conference?

As I thought before the season even started, UA and Vermont are the class of the AE. I'm pretty surprised by the lackluster play of Hartford, and UMBC has been pretty solid. If I had to make new predictions for the conference season, I would probably do it as follows

1. Vermont

2. UA

3. BU

4. UMBC

5. Hartford

6. Bing

7. Maine

8. Stony Brook

9. UNH

I think the top 3 teams are almost interchangeable at this point.... same for groups 4-6 and 7-9

It seems nuts to talk about RPI or the tournament before Festivus but if we weren't nuts we would be here, I guess. In keeping with the theme tonight Columbia crushed (OK not really - 84-69) a 4-2 Wagner team and CCSU beat Delware to make them 3-3 for the season and making our win over them look better.

Archived