UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pre-Growl Stories

Rumor has it the university wasn't planning on a white out. Whoever made the t shirts goofed and made them white instead of purple, thus causing the school to roll with the white out idea...I don't know how accurate or not accurate that info is, but that's what I heard

Heard something like that..... Hard to believe someone couldn't put two and two together. I don't think anyone in the school is happy w/ the situation, makes them look stupid.

Oh well, done and over with now though, lets kick some butt tonight!!!!!

Rumor has it the university wasn't planning on a white out. Whoever made the t shirts goofed and made them white instead of purple, thus causing the school to roll with the white out idea...I don't know how accurate or not accurate that info is, but that's what I heard

Frankly...our MARKETING DEPARTMENT SUCKS...PERIOD...END OF STORY. I am not going to point an individual finger...because I think we can all figure this one out.

They havent hit it on the head since our DI years.

THis is the stupidist IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD OF....and that person needs his job performance reviewed.

Thank you D96

I could not have said it better

Hey, what color should we wear at the Big PURPLE Growl?

It's like a multiple choice test with only one answer

D------U------M - DUM

You could not make this crap up

BTW - I might be feeling a little nasty - home with the flu

It gets better....the FWCKING STAFF embarrassed me just now because the people who were going to the game on two of my four season tix (I was home working)...were told the seats were not left in their name. Apparently the envelop WAS there...but the stupid staff said it wasnt.

I fielded three calls and 7 texts on this issue. This is now the second time this has happened.

Don Ostrom and Mary Johnson work their arses off to get alumns to donate.

Then we have dip$iena staff members in Marketing/Promotions and Tickets (whether they are students...mid-level staffers...or the leaders) who do STUPID ARSE $iena LIKE PAINT THE ARENA WHITE...and EMBARRASS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS.

It completely ruins all the hard work Don and Mary have done.

And dont even get me started on the stadium....because all I have to say is: SAC STATE...nuff said.

It gets better....the FWCKING STAFF embarrassed me just now because the people who were going to the game on two of my four season tix (I was home working)...were told the seats were not left in their name. Apparently the envelop WAS there...but the stupid staff said it wasnt.

I fielded three calls and 7 texts on this issue. This is now the second time this has happened.

Don Ostrom and Mary Johnson work their arses off to get alumns to donate.

Then we have dip$iena staff members in Marketing/Promotions and Tickets (whether they are students...mid-level staffers...or the leaders) who do STUPID ARSE $iena LIKE PAINT THE ARENA WHITE...and EMBARRASS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS.

It completely ruins all the hard work Don and Mary have done.

And dont even get me started on the stadium....because all I have to say is: SAC STATE...nuff said.

Lately I have come to believe that there is far too much complacency in the athletic department. I know that we are still a new D1 program, and that the staff does try, but it seems that many of our programs excel in spite of the inadequacies of the system.

For example, Project 2010: We are one year away from its originally desired end but so far the only major project completed was done using money donated by an alumnus, and one of the only public mentions is a drawing in the lobby of the basketball arena.

It's time to man up and make some noise.

Archived