UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pre-Growl Stories

So they are having a white-out at the game but there is no mention of it in the local press?

It will be difficult to achieve mass participation if the only mentions of the white-out are on a messagte board and through a couple of hundred university e-mails.

Maybe I'll wear a sweater.

So they are having a white-out at the game but there is no mention of it in the local press?

It will be difficult to achieve mass participation if the only mentions of the white-out are on a messagte board and through a couple of hundred university e-mails.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I was just looking through my drawers and I got all purple,gold, or gray. Not sure what to do.

I have already sent a note of disdain to the University ADEPT.

THIS IS THE BIG PURPLE...YAH....PURPLE...GROWL.

A white out is so 5 years ago....

Are they handing out the t-shirts at the pregame party or at the 'Cue?

If you are going to the Feast you get one, and then there is an allotment for students... not sure if they are handing them out to the general public unless they go to the Feast.

Sienna lost! Broke their winning streak maybe a great day for the danes right bob87?! :)

Yikes. I saw they were up 11 with eight minutes to go, so I stopped looking for the score.

It looks like Kenny missed two lay-ups and two free throws in the closing minute. Too bad for them, but I've got Catamounts on the brain today.

I have already sent a note of disdain to the University ADEPT.

THIS IS THE BIG PURPLE...YAH....PURPLE...GROWL.

A white out is so 5 years ago....

My concern was that the idea was under-publicized and that mass participation would be difficult. It seems we should have a more active and reciprocal relationship with the local media. Maybe it was announced on Capital News 9?

I hadn't even thought that the idea flies in the face of the Big PURPLE Growl. Good point.

Are they handing out the t-shirts at the pregame party or at the 'Cue?

If you are going to the Feast you get one, and then there is an allotment for students... not sure if they are handing them out to the general public unless they go to the Feast.

Thanks for the info MsGDG. I figured that's how it would go.

The first 1000 people at the game will get a shirt according to the UA website. I'm pretty sure in the past they've had white BPG shirts but still encouraged everyone to dress in purple. I'm not going to the Feast this year but if I were the combination of my eating pulled pork sandwhiches and me dressed in white would NOT be pretty.

Archived