UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Draft Generic Environmental Impact Statement

sarge965

Now there's a sight for sore eyes! Good stuff. Also, looks like us Dane fans have a meeting to attend:

"UAlbany will conduct a scoping meeting to receive public input on issues to be addressed in the DGEIS on March 10, 2009 at 7 pm. The meeting will be held at the SEFCU Arena, located on UAlbany’s Uptown Campus, 1400 Washington Avenue. Free parking is available to the south of the SEFCU Arena."

The last thing we need is some cranky, up-tight, ideological radical complaining about some bird that's not going to have a place to put its droppings when we build the stadium. Sorry, but I can just see it coming now ... .

Now there's a sight for sore eyes! Good stuff. Also, looks like us Dane fans have a meeting to attend:

"UAlbany will conduct a scoping meeting to receive public input on issues to be addressed in the DGEIS on March 10, 2009 at 7 pm. The meeting will be held at the SEFCU Arena, located on UAlbany’s Uptown Campus, 1400 Washington Avenue. Free parking is available to the south of the SEFCU Arena."

The last thing we need is some cranky, up-tight, ideological radical complaining about some bird that's not going to have a place to put its droppings when we build the stadium. Sorry, but I can just see it coming now ... .

Amen. If you live in the local area take an hour and go to the event. One cranky malcontent can do a lot of damage.

Right-wing paranoia. Sorry, but there's no bird habitat in the SEFCU parking lot or the soccer field. Now, cranky conservative locals complaining about stadium lighting, traffic problems, and public finance of a college stadium is a lot more likely.

Sorry, but there's no bird habitat in the SEFCU parking lot or the soccer field. Now, cranky conservative locals complaining about stadium lighting, traffic problems, and public finance of a college stadium is a lot more likely.

Pretty close to this though, right?

Karner Blue Butterfly Facts

Not for 40 years. You can't find the Karner Blue east of Crossgates and the city dump. The ducks and geese at the campus pond aren't endangered.

There hasn't been a natural habitat on this site since before the campus - and before that the old Albany Country Club - were built.

So does anyone else get the feeling that the University knows it isn't getting funding this year for the stadium?

A projected construction start date of March 2011? A full two years away?

Did they even ask for it?

Good question.

The additional student housing, which is #1 on the list is something I've never seen before. I know there is capital funding already approved for #2 the campus center, #3 business school, and #4 data center relocation project.

The PDF says the following:

The estimated construction cost is approximately $46.5 million. The estimated total project cost is $65 million. Capital funding has not been secured for this project, but it is a high capital project priority for the University. Estimated construction start could be as early as spring 2011.

Interpret that as you will. :unsure:

So does anyone else get the feeling that the University knows it isn't getting funding this year for the stadium?

Good question.

The additional student housing, which is #1 on the list is something I've never seen before. I know there is capital funding already approved for #2 the campus center, #3 business school, and #4 data center relocation project.

The estimated construction cost is approximately $46.5 million. The estimated total project cost is $65 million. Capital funding has not been secured for this project, but it is a high capital project priority for the University. Estimated construction start could be as early as spring 2011.

Or as late as spring 2111.... :wacko:

Depends on what kind of guy or gal you are....cup half empty or half full.

Good question.

Or as late as spring 2111.... :wacko:

Depends on what kind of guy or gal you are....cup half empty or half full.

Definitely a half empty in my eyes. That means you don't get to use it until the 2013 season at the earliest.

I bet they could renovate University field in time for the 2010 season. :blink:

Not for 40 years. You can't find the Karner Blue east of Crossgates and the city dump. The ducks and geese at the campus pond aren't endangered.

There hasn't been a natural habitat on this site since before the campus - and before that the old Albany Country Club - were built.

But range expansion would require more open space, right? And if the Pine Bush is only two miles away, what better place for the butterfly to expand then where we want our stadium?

As a disclaimer, I am not making arguments for the environmentalists, but rather I am just trying to see what kind of crazy spin the naysayers might generate. I want a new stadium ASAP, and birds, insects, and mammals better stay out of the way.

But range expansion would require more open space, right? And if the Pine Bush is only two miles away, what better place for the butterfly to expand then where we want our stadium?

As a disclaimer, I am not making arguments for the environmentalists, but rather I am just trying to see what kind of crazy spin the naysayers might generate. I want a new stadium ASAP, and birds, insects, and mammals better stay out of the way.

lol haggyland ... I was talking about the Karner Butterfly today for stewardship $ reasons..and to come home and see it mentioned on the forum is random and funny.

Archived