UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

10 seasons

UAlbany just completed its tenth Division 1 men's Basketball season, eighth as a member of America East.

Finished 4th or better in America East four times

3 trips to the Conference tournament semifinals--winning twice

2 memorable Conference Championship games

2 Conference Championships

2 trips to the NCAA tournament

we sometimes get lost in the now.

Look at how much has been achieved relatively quickly.

Thanks to all the Administration, Coaches and players that have built our program.

Also, I would like to add that I think it's a great accomplishment on the great fans that we have. Every game you can count on there being a good showing at SEFCU, even when we are struggling (as we were at times this year). People are always into it, and we always have a pretty good showing on the road (I only made it to one road game this year, but there was a good amount of UA following). I think by far, UA and Vermont have the most loyal fan bases in the conference, and I think it's great that we support our team through everything.

Also, I would like to add that I think it's a great accomplishment on the great fans that we have. Every game you can count on there being a good showing at SEFCU, even when we are struggling (as we were at times this year). People are always into it, and we always have a pretty good showing on the road (I only made it to one road game this year, but there was a good amount of UA following). I think by far, UA and Vermont have the most loyal fan bases in the conference, and I think it's great that we support our team through everything.

I share your sentiments, but I was surprised Sunday's game wasn't a sell-out :huh:

I share your sentiments, but I was surprised Sunday's game wasn't a sell-out :huh:

I agree with you. I don't know how much of a factor this was, but I'm sure having Siena playing a semi final game the same day wasn't a big help towards increasing attendance numbers. However, I was glad to see many more UA students at Sunday's game. I was pretty disappointed in our turnout Saturday....

It would be nice is more of an effort was made to market the games to students, not just basketball but football and lacrosse etc. There are so many people on campus how can the student turnout be so low? The marketing of our athletic programs could use some beefing up.

It would be nice is more of an effort was made to market the games to students, not just basketball but football and lacrosse etc. There are so many people on campus how can the student turnout be so low? The marketing of our athletic programs could use some beefing up.

I agree one hundred percent. I have even seen a decrease from when I was a Freshman til now ( I am currently a Junior). I recall that I used to get emails sent to me from my UA email every game day reminding me to go the games.

Also, I remember either last year or two years a go ( I can't remember which) that the school was supposed to be starting some sort of a loyalty program with students who attended games. Something along the lines of that their UA ID card would get swiped at every game they attended, and the more things they went to, the more points they built up. Once they hit certain barriers there were supposed to be rewards or something of the sort. Needless to say, I don't think that ever got off the ground, and I know it is non existent now. Maybe the school should look into getting that going again...

Unless my spreadsheet is wrong we averaged 2599 fans a game this season.

I'm not counting any games where we were not considered the home team like the games against UVM and UMBC this weekend.

Athletics' statistics lists 2826... http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=1626748

EDIT..your numbers might be right..looks like they list the UVM and UMBC games as 'home' games.

Couldn't agree more. It may not pay off in year one, but over time, a consistent effort to get students out to games and aware of great UA sports teams will reap rewards. We have some tremendous teams at this University and it's a shame we don't get better #'s. As for myself, I can't get enough of UA sports, especially basketball. I'm hooked for life.

Couldn't agree more. It may not pay off in year one, but over time, a consistent effort to get students out to games and aware of great UA sports teams will reap rewards. We have some tremendous teams at this University and it's a shame we don't get better #'s. As for myself, I can't get enough of UA sports, especially basketball. I'm hooked for life.

Pressure Athletics to work with Student Services. Athletics needs to be on board which it seems they currently aren't.

Pressure Athletics to work with Student Services. Athletics needs to be on board which it seems they currently aren't.

Athletics appears to be completely removed from the student body at-large.

Take the website content for example - I've asked about website content in the past (lack of updates) and was told that there aren't enough resources to hire the appropriate number of people.

Why aren't there journalism internships in the Athletic Department?

Are there marketing internships in the athletic department?

Archived