UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Coaches Refuse to Honor Rivera

I posted this in the other thread, but I'm not so sure I agree with how the coaches handled the voting. The kid isn't the problem - Broadus is the problem. The kid produced on the court playing the hand he was dealt. Can't fault him for that, can you?

The coaches refused to honor the kid, who played by the rules, but then Broadus gets voted Coach of the Year?

I posted this in the other thread, but I'm not so sure I agree with how the coaches handled the voting. The kid isn't the problem - Broadus is the problem. The kid produced on the court playing the hand he was dealt. Can't fault him for that, can you?

The coaches refused to honor the kid, who played by the rules, but then Broadus gets voted Coach of the Year?

I agree with danefan, the coaches chose the wrong place to make a statement. Broadus shouldn't have been voted COY if they had that much of a problem with what Bing is doing.

Let's all head down I-88 on Saturday to root on UMBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't find a ticket...the bandwagon riders have scooped them all up!

Some tool on the AE board, tried to tell me how terrible UA is....when I asked him, why did you lose to such a terrible UA team....it's response was....Bing is a different team this year then it was last. They don't even know what happened to their team this season and how they got to where they are.

This is just a guess but both the coaches AND the ADs vote on the Coach of the Year while it's just the coaches who vote the first team members. Maybe the ADs don't follow the players as closely and don't know the whole score?

that's dumb why punish the player. its not his fault he got the waiver. as much as i hate bing and their thugish ways, rivera deserved it. the coaches shouldnt have voted brodaus as coach of the year.

I agree that it wasn't right for the coaches to punish Rivera for Broadus being a thug lover. The kid had a very solid season.

that's dumb why punish the player. its not his fault he got the waiver. as much as i hate bing and their thugish ways, rivera deserved it. the coaches shouldnt have voted brodaus as coach of the year.

I agree that it wasn't right for the coaches to punish Rivera for Broadus being a thug lover. The kid had a very solid season.

Yes, Broadus is a thug loving Hoodlum

Is there any possibility that the AE coaches and AD's did not select Rivera because they genuinely didn't think the kid deserved the honor? Could there possibly be some factor that most of us are missing that the voters saw instead? Sportsmanship is one factor that comes to mind. There are other factors as well. This whole situation may not be due to feelings toward Binghamton's coach.

Is there any possibility that the AE coaches and AD's did not select Rivera because they genuinely didn't think the kid deserved the honor? Could there possibly be some factor that most of us are missing that the voters saw instead? Sportsmanship is one factor that comes to mind. There are other factors as well. This whole situation may not be due to feelings toward Binghamton's coach.

Nero said it was in protest to the NCAA. I'm sure he didn't make that up.

That could be the case if he wasn't selected POY but was on the all-conference team. He was definitely deserving of the all-conference team at the very least, don't you think?

That could be the case if he wasn't selected POY but was on the all-conference team. He was definitely deserving of the all-conference team at the very least, don't you think?

Maybe. I don't know much about the kid to make a judgment. I haven't been following him very closely. He may very well be deserving.

I just find the explanation given by Nero to be lacking. There is something really wrong here with the whole situation. According to Nero, the coaches and AD's denied Rivera a well-deserved honor - supposedly out of frustration against BUNY's coach, but then they turn around and bestow COY honors on Broadus. A couple of years ago, I thought Will Brown far more deserved the COY honor than Broadus this year, but he was denied it. Were the coaches and AD's so angry with him then that they couldn't bring themselves to honor Brown, yet they give it to someone whose reputation is tarnished at the very least?

Can you explain the discrepancies? (Honest question because I don't know the answers.)

Maybe. I don't know much about the kid to make a judgment. I haven't been following him very closely. He may very well be deserving.

I just find the explanation given by Nero to be lacking. There is something really wrong here with the whole situation. According to Nero, the coaches and AD's denied Rivera a well-deserved honor - supposedly out of frustration against BUNY's coach, but then they turn around and bestow COY honors on Broadus. A couple of years ago, I thought Will Brown far more deserved the COY honor than Broadus this year, but he was denied it. Were the coaches and AD's so angry with him then that they couldn't bring themselves to honor Brown, yet they give it to someone whose reputation is tarnished at the very least?

Can you explain the discrepancies? (Honest question because I don't know the answers.)

No. I'm just going on what Nero told ESPN and the NY Times. :huh:

Archived