UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Presidential search -- no comment

Classof72/74

This has to be a money issue. There is no other reason why all 5 would drop out.

Take something into consideration - the SUNY Chancellor will be taking an effective pay cut (after perks) to leave Univ. Cinci to come to run the entire SUNY system.

What do you think they are offering a potential UA president?

Money talks - and right now it isn't talking.

Compared to other SUNY Centers it is good

Simpson from Buffalo gets $265,000

Kenny SBU - $273,000

Defleur (Bing) - $285,000 but made $320,000 in 08 (including perks)

BTW - you can see a lot of stuff from this website: http://www.seethroughny.net/

Like, for example, that Will Brown is the highest paid SUNY Center basketball coach.

This was the article that first published the candidates names. (i assume)

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...category=REGION

I'm sure the candidates were emphatically guaranteed that their names wouldn't be revealed in the process.

Marc Parry and his sources pissed all over a good set of candidates. Thanks bozos for breaking the trust.

If UAlbany was able to make its own decisions, we would have had one of those finalists as our new president and it would have been completed in February. The UAlbany presidential search committee did its job.

Where exactly should most of the blame be placed?

On January 21st, presidential search update:

"Plans are now underway for the short list of finalists to meet with representatives of UAlbany faculty, student, staff, Foundation and Alumni constituencies. In order to retain these high quality finalists and to protect their positions in their present institutions, the search committee has established the provision that the finalist interviews will occur with a condition of complete confidentiality and discretion."

Check out all of the people involved!

"....interview schedule for each candidate that involved broad participation by members of the University Community, including representatives of the University Senate Executive Committee, Distinguished Professors, faculty, students, Collins Fellows, labor unions, and of campus groups such as the University Commission on Diversity and Affirmative Action, Black Faculty and Staff Association, Alianza Latina, administrative groups such as the Council of Deans, Vice Presidents and Senior Staff, and Interim President Philip, and representatives from external groups including the UA Foundation, Alumni Association, Benevolent Association, and University Council."

On February 17:

"While the desired confidentiality of the process was not preserved due to an unfortunate breach, we were successful in persuading our candidates to remain in the process - no small feat and a tribute to their conviction and the integrity of all directly involved.

Upon conclusion of the interviews, the Search Committee met to consider the qualifications of each of these candidates. This deliberative process included significant review and discussion of the input received from the meetings with University stakeholders and culminated in the Committee's recommendation to forward three candidates to the University at Albany Council for their consideration. The Council met shortly thereafter and I am pleased to inform you recommended the same three candidates to the State University of New York and its Trustees."

So, the breach was in the university process... along with Marc Parry's willingness to publicize the information.

And of course, SUNY couldn't act immediately after the recommendations in mid February, to get a president hired........................... to avoid a colossal collapse in the presidential hire process for UAlbany.

Would a protest help the cause?

Aren't any of the 18k students, 13k undergrads interested in fighting for their university?

Edit:

Wouldn't the candidates have a good idea on the salary range before they officially submitted their names for consideration?

I can't imagine jeopardizing their positions without that bit of information.

SUNY should have been prepared to make a hiring decision soon after they received the recommendations from the search committee and university council...... meaning, they should have been ready to finalize things, which they weren't from my perspective.

This was the article that first published the candidates names. (i assume)

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...category=REGION

I'm sure the candidates were emphatically guaranteed that their names wouldn't be revealed in the process.

Marc Parry and his sources pissed all over a good set of candidates. Thanks bozos for breaking the trust.

If UAlbany was able to make its own decisions, we would have had one of those finalists as our new president and it would have been completed in February. The UAlbany presidential search committee did its job.

Where exactly should most of the blame be placed?

On January 21st, presidential search update:

"Plans are now underway for the short list of finalists to meet with representatives of UAlbany faculty, student, staff, Foundation and Alumni constituencies. In order to retain these high quality finalists and to protect their positions in their present institutions, the search committee has established the provision that the finalist interviews will occur with a condition of complete confidentiality and discretion."

Check out all of the people involved!

"....interview schedule for each candidate that involved broad participation by members of the University Community, including representatives of the University Senate Executive Committee, Distinguished Professors, faculty, students, Collins Fellows, labor unions, and of campus groups such as the University Commission on Diversity and Affirmative Action, Black Faculty and Staff Association, Alianza Latina, administrative groups such as the Council of Deans, Vice Presidents and Senior Staff, and Interim President Philip, and representatives from external groups including the UA Foundation, Alumni Association, Benevolent Association, and University Council."

On February 17:

"While the desired confidentiality of the process was not preserved due to an unfortunate breach, we were successful in persuading our candidates to remain in the process - no small feat and a tribute to their conviction and the integrity of all directly involved.

Upon conclusion of the interviews, the Search Committee met to consider the qualifications of each of these candidates. This deliberative process included significant review and discussion of the input received from the meetings with University stakeholders and culminated in the Committee's recommendation to forward three candidates to the University at Albany Council for their consideration. The Council met shortly thereafter and I am pleased to inform you recommended the same three candidates to the State University of New York and its Trustees."

So, the breach was in the university process... along with Marc Parry's willingness to publicize the information.

And of course, SUNY couldn't act immediately after the recommendations in mid February, to get a president hired........................... to avoid a colossal collapse in the presidential hire process for UAlbany.

Would a protest help the cause?

Aren't any of the 18k students, 13k undergrads interested in fighting for their university?

Edit:

Wouldn't the candidates have a good idea on the salary range before they officially submitted their names for consideration?

I can't imagine jeopardizing their positions without that bit of information.

SUNY should have been prepared to make a hiring decision soon after they received the recommendations from the search committee and university council...... meaning, they should have been ready to finalize things, which they weren't from my perspective.

Viscous cycle - can't get anything done at SUNY admin because we don't have a strong president. Can't get a strong president because we can't get anything done at SUNY admin.

This could go on forever.

Sorry Hags, but this school needs a true leader. Someone who defines school spirit and has what it takes to get UA a stadium! So, with that being said, I would like to officially declare my candidacy for President. I mean, let's be honest. What search committee wouldn't vote for a guy who sports a big purple cape??

At this rate, we will never get a president. We'd have an easier chance merging with RPI than getting one. Albany has proven it doesn't want a SUNY and SUNY could care less about its Albany campus so it's time to shut down to teach them a lesson. :P

Given the research I've done in heart conditions, I still insist that Kermit could have been saved and this ordeal wouldn't have happened. Maybe we're cursed...

Sorry Hags, but this school needs a true leader. Someone who defines school spirit and has what it takes to get UA a stadium! So, with that being said, I would like to officially declare my candidacy for President. I mean, let's be honest. What search committee wouldn't vote for a guy who sports a big purple cape??

You are SO going down.

Archived