UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jeff Goodman

This a link from the TU blog, Jeff Goodman had a brief about us. - Goodman (2nd item)

I've heard that the expectations are high for Mr. Urli....who is a strong candidate to start at the 4 for us next season. Can't wait to see him!

Do you think Harris will move back to the 3?

FWIH....decent chance of that happening. All recruits are hyped, let's see if he can actually handle starter duties on the court.

I've heard that the expectations are high for Mr. Urli....who is a strong candidate to start at the 4 for us next season. Can't wait to see him! Bosiydid

Who did you hear that from????? Only a couple of the coaches have even seen Urli.

Most JC are expected to play - it should be interesting ...... Aronhalt was highly regarded by the coaches last preseason before injuring himself, in the Goodman article Lindfors is mentioned as is McCrae and Watts and Tartt may also be solid 3s which may keep Harris at the 4??? Don't forget we may see a healthy Barazza.

Unless you get info straight from Coach Brown noone knows who will start. We can pretty much guess four starters for the start of the season but even that's not a guarantee.

I've heard that the expectations are high for Mr. Urli....who is a strong candidate to start at the 4 for us next season. Can't wait to see him! Bosiydid

Who did you hear that from????? Only a couple of the coaches have even seen Urli.

Most JC are expected to play - it should be interesting ...... Aronhalt was highly regarded by the coaches last preseason before injuring himself, in the Goodman article Lindfors is mentioned as is McCrae and Watts and Tartt may also be solid 3s which may keep Harris at the 4??? Don't forget we may see a healthy Barazza.

Unless you get info straight from Coach Brown noone knows who will start. We can pretty much guess four starters for the start of the season but even that's not a guarantee.

Patch,

At no point did I guarantee it, I'm simply stating that at some point based on WIH (people that have seen him play), he could be a very strong option for us with a good chance of being a viable option as a starter for a good part of his time in the program.

Anyway, this is all hear say at this point, it will eventually sort itself out. At this point in the summer everyone looks like a stud prospect.

I love these boards at times-- no one ever heard of Urli until a few weeks ago....now he is annointed as a starter? :rolleyes: How many people at Albany (outside of the coaching staff) has seen this kid play-- raise your hands?

Ok...list is short...as in zero.

The only starters are Harris and Ambrose. Otherwise, my limited insight says this will be the best camp we have ever had with all positions truly open...except for maybe Johnson at the PG position (likely).

If Urli gives us 20 minutes a game...I would be happy.

I love these boards at times-- no one ever heard of Urli until a few weeks ago....now he is annointed as a starter? :rolleyes: How many people at Albany (outside of the coaching staff) has seen this kid play-- raise your hands?

Ok...list is short...as in zero.

The only starters are Harris and Ambrose. Otherwise, my limited insight says this will be the best camp we have ever had with all positions truly open...except for maybe Johnson at the PG position (likely).

If Urli gives us 20 minutes a game...I would be happy.

I know what I know, and what I've been told....if I'm completely off base then so be it....certainly wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, especially on this board. I'd like to reiterate the point that I have NOT anointed him anything but if he comes in at all mentally prepared he will have a good chance, the talent is there.

Peace!

Bosi, I was just wondering if you heard it from one of the coaches?????

D96 - I believe "AT THIS TIME" it's fair to pencil in Gifford at the 5 and Johnson at the 1 to go along with Ambrose and Harris of course.

Anyone hear anything about where Raffa will be next season????

Anyone hear anything about where Raffa will be next season????

Hmm ol' Raffa... that is a good point Patch...there hasn't been any news on him has there?

Maybe his game isn't as good as he thought it was and teams don't want him or his immaturity. -_-

D96 - I believe "AT THIS TIME" it's fair to pencil in Gifford at the 5 and Johnson at the 1 to go along with Ambrose and Harris of course.

Patch,

I'd agree with you on the 1 and 5 spots. Just looking forward to a season without the crazy TO's from the starting PG not to mention a PG who will get others involved.

Surprised we haven't heard anything about Raffa....he could have been a nice piece on this team backing up Timmy, instant offense off the bench.....to bad he either got some bad advice or overestimated the need for his services others might have.

I'm not surprised at all. Kid has way too much 'tude...and a good game...but not a GREAT game. I wish him the best...but this is ONE OF THOSE TIMES THAT A KID probably should have listened to his Prep Coach and Parents.

And let me say this: if he does end up at the Q....he better get his act together. I basically lived at that campus for a year as they were one of my biggest clients for the athletic website and other marketing programs; it is way too small for him to have a chip on his shoulder....because he will get the cold one right back from a a VERY VERY "UPPER CRUST" student body.

Again, I wish him the best.

Archived