UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Dags taking over at HVCC

Patch

According to the TU Blog Coach Kenny D'Agostino will be leaving UA to take over as the Head Men's Basketball Coach at Hudson Valley CC

Congrats to Kenny - I guess hard work still pays off!

Press conference scheduled tomorrow at 4PM

congrat Kenny! I hope the new Dir of BB Ops will be as great as Kenny was. He was such a workhorse and was always willing to help out any fan!

http://www.cbs6alban...ken-valley.html

http://blog.timesuni...r-at-hvcc/4424/

http://www.fox23news...ooqMvVG5og.cspx

Def gonna have to check out a few HVCC games now....

Def gonna have to check out a few HVCC games now....

Great news for him, we'll miss him but a great opportunity at Hudson Valley. I'd like to check out Brian Barnes first game as head coach at Sage. They don't have their schedule up yet.

Hudson Valley C.C. Names UAlbany Operations Dir. Ken Dagostino Head Basketball Coach

Courtesy: UAlbany Sports Information

Release: 09/16/2009

Courtesy: UAlbany Athletics

Troy, N.Y. -- (From HVCC Media Relations) Hudson Valley Community College Director of Athletics Kristan Pelletier announced the appointment of Kenneth Dagostino as the new head men's basketball coach on Wednesday, Sept. 16. In addition to his coaching responsibilities, Dagostino will also serve as the college's coordinator of intramurals.

"I am excited to have this opportunity to lead and continue the success of the men's basketball program here at Hudson Valley Community College," Dagostino said. "I greatly appreciate the support and confidence bestowed upon me by President Matonak, Vice President Popovics and Ms. Pelletier. I value and plan to uphold the academic and athletic excellence that defines Hudson Valley Community College."

Dagostino, the director of basketball operations at The University at Albany since April 2007, also served as the director of the Will Brown Boy's Basketball Camp. As director of basketball operations, he assisted head coach Will Brown in every facet of the men's basketball program. Prior to that appointment, he was a graduate assistant and video coordinator for the Great Danes program.

Dagostino, who earned a bachelor's degree in business administration from Iona College, played four years for Jeff Ruland, a former two-time NBA All-Star and current assistant coach with the Philadelphia 76ers. He is also a certified fitness trainer through International Sports Sciences Association.

"Kenneth is someone of great character and integrity, and will be a tremendous role model for our student-athletes," Pelletier said. "In addition to the knowledge he has gained as part of a basketball program as prestigious as The University at Albany, his experience in athletic administration will enable him to enhance the intramural program at Hudson Valley Community College. I am confident his impact here at the college will extend far beyond the athletic department."

Archived