UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it make sense to get a future QB in.....what's the kids name to get him some reps or is he red shirted?

Dan DiLella...and he has a rocket arm. He is 6'5 and 220. We have SOME REALLY good young receivers. Get Dan in the game...open this offense up some more...and install Smith slowly at the running back position. You have smith bowling people over...and Dan D. tossing it...and you have the makings of a good team.

He was very good in High School. NJ Top 100 player...that is solid for that State. ESPN stated: "DiLella plays out of the shotgun and displays good set up skills and accuracy. He has prototypical size and stands tall in the pocket to aid with his field vision...."

This was a great game to watch (other than the loss). Rarely have I seen a UA defense get shredded the way it did today. That is where the game was lost. Vinny made some nice plays. Why he took a couple sacks at the end is beyond me, but I don't hold the kid responsible for the loss. Boys didn't play great but were in it til the end. Nothing to hang there heads about. Finish strong and head into the offseason looking to grab another title.

How dare you..last week we loved the team this week we are ready to brush them under the rug. Do any of u remember what this team has done for ua football in the past two year? More than what is done in a decade and it is very sad to see the players like dave mccarty, vinny espo, nicomini, kevin richards, dave casale, chris conneally, justin gannon and the other seniors that got this team where it is not to be able to play in a playoff game. Before you go writing these players off think twice about how they feel losing this game today.

How dare you..last week we loved the team this week we are ready to brush them under the rug. Do any of u remember what this team has done for ua football in the past two year? More than what is done in a decade and it is very sad to see the players like dave mccarty, vinny espo, nicomini, kevin richards, dave casale, chris conneally, justin gannon and the other seniors that got this team where it is not to be able to play in a playoff game. Before you go writing these players off think twice about how they feel losing this game today.

No one is writing them off......we as fans ride the emotional roller coaster...now that I've calmed down a bit, I appreciate the exciting game and the effort. To bad we couldn't come out on top even though we had a number of chances. Their running game shredded our D unfortunately, that's where the game was lost.

This is Div 1 football at times there will be some criticism....no one that I could see really crossed the line or got personal. I suggest you develop a thicker skin....all of us are UA fans through and through!

By the way...WELCOME TO THE BOARD....hopefully you'll remain an active participant, most us are very supportive of the entire athletic dept.

Welcome to the board.

In Division I football, when these guys (all men, BTW) have bad games, fans are going to criticize them.

There were numerous Albany players that had very bad games today. That takes nothing away from what they have done in the last two years.

Once again, welcome and I look forward to your continued participation.

No one is writing them off......we as fans ride the emotional roller coaster...now that I've calmed down a bit, I appreciate the exciting game and the effort. To bad we couldn't come out on top even though we had a number of chances. Their running game shredded our D unfortunately, that's where the game was lost.

This is Div 1 football at times there will be some criticism....no one that I could see really crossed the line or got personal. I suggest you develop a thicker skin....all of us are UA fans through and through!

By the way...WELCOME TO THE BOARD....hopefully you'll remain an active participant, most us are very supportive of the entire athletic dept.

It got personal when you started using individual names, this is a team sport, you win together, you lose together. Everyone is looking for a single savior or a single loser in sports to condemn and unfortunately as a TEAM we lost today. "Any team can be beaten on a given day" Trust me it's frustrating for me to see such a potential team lose today, I have been watching them for awhile, but I would never condemn an individual player, and to think about the possibility of putting rookies in, in such a clutch game is insane, have you ever heard of such an insane idea.

It got personal when you started using individual names, this is a team sport, you win together, you lose together. Everyone is looking for a single savior or a single loser in sports to condemn and unfortunately as a TEAM we lost today. "Any team can be beaten on a given day" Trust me it's frustrating for me to see such a potential team lose today, I have been watching them for awhile, but I would never condemn an individual player, and to think about the possibility of putting rookies in, in such a clutch game is insane, have you ever heard of such an insane idea.

Its nothing personal. Individual players get the praise and the blame. That's the way Division I athletics is. Its not an indictment of any of the young mens' character. They are all fine young men and wouldn't be at Albany if Fordie didn't think the same.

As for their on-field performance, they're subject to criticism by fans. Sorry, that's life in Division I, even FCS.

As for replacing a veteran with a rookie in this game, I'm not sure what comments you are referring to, but I don't remember seeing anyone calling for anyone to replaced in this game.

I said that I think Dilella should play the rest of the season. The NEC autobid starts next year and it will be very difficult to win that and get to the playoffs without a QB with any experience. If Dilella doesn't play from here on out, that's exactly the position we'll be in.

That comment is based on two things:

1. Today's loss has for all intents and purposes closed out the chance at hte NEC title. I follow FCS football pretty closely and its a huge longshot for Wagner or Monmouth to beat CCSU. Without that in play, the program needs to start building for next year.

2. I believe we can win against RMU and Wagner without an experienced QB.

It would certainly stink for Esposito to ride the last two games of his career out on the bench, but I feel that's best for the future of the program.

No one said to put the freshmen in THIS game.....since we most likely lost our chance at the GIC and the NEC title.....I wouldn't be against working the freshmen in to get him some experiance going into next season. With no playoffs and likely no GIC why not work him in?

and its a huge longshot for Wagner or Monmouth to beat CCSU. Without that in play, the program needs to start building for next year.

Actually since CCSU holds the tiebreaker on us, they'd have to lose to BOTH Wagner and Monmouth for us to go to the GIC (unless they lose to St. Francis too)

Archived