UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what i have been told the O Line should be our strenghth next year. I assume if everyone is back they will all be 10 lbs heavier and we have some huge kids coming up behind them. Jacob Anderson who is a second team kid that I hear sensational things about, is a monster at 6-5 and 285-290. He will be over 300lbs next season and a starter. They will move Sparano inside to center as he has starting experience. MCarthy told me he is considered the best O lineman they have. Just strong as an ox. The kid from VA is 6-5 and 295, as well as the other kid from NJ who is 6-7 310ish. We should be huge next season. Run # 10 behind that line with DiLella as qb. I think we should be very good again next season on offense.

Danefan is right we will be hard pressed to match this years Defense especially the linebackers.

BTW Paul Booker is on a full ride as well.

That kid looks pretty darn fast.

I was also nervous before the season, especially calculating the loss of Vinnie and David into

the equation. The more the season goes on, the more I realize we may be even better next year.... if I do

dare say so. It seems like we just keep reloading with higher caliber elements. If the mistakes at qb are minimal, I think we have another amazing year next year.

My promise is this. I will be at each and every UAlbany FCS playoff game next year, and every

year following.

Now this brings up a point I hate to get into, but, without looking past CCSU, RMC, and Wagner, let just say we win the NEC again this year. Great accomplishment for the kids, the staff, the program etc. Then we win the Grid Iron Classic, DOES ANYONE BESIDES THE UA FAMILY EVEN CARE? The rest of FCS just dismisses this as an afterthought before the FCS playoffs start.

We should of been in the playoffs the last 2 years. I guess the point I am making AGAIN(sorry)is as I told Danbefan at Timmy Rankins place after the Duquesne game is I just don't care about playing Duquesne, Wagner, SHU etc anymore. Give me Georgia Southern, New Hampshire etc but not without 57 rides.

I do hope we spank the 3 remaining teams on our schedule and crush someone in the GIC but I would much rather be going on the road to play Northern Iowa in the first round. Better yet having Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, or Florida A&M coming to Albany in Dec. NOW HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?????

Now this brings up a point I hate to get into, but, without looking past CCSU, RMC, and Wagner, let just say we win the NEC again this year. Great accomplishment for the kids, the staff, the program etc. Then we win the Grid Iron Classic, DOES ANYONE BESIDES THE UA FAMILY EVEN CARE? The rest of FCS just dismisses this as an afterthought before the FCS playoffs start.

We should of been in the playoffs the last 2 years. I guess the point I am making AGAIN(sorry)is as I told Danbefan at Timmy Rankins place after the Duquesne game is I just don't care about playing Duquesne, Wagner, SHU etc anymore. Give me Georgia Southern, New Hampshire etc but not without 57 rides.

I do hope we spank the 3 remaining teams on our schedule and crush someone in the GIC but I would much rather be going on the road to play Northern Iowa in the first round. Better yet having Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, or Florida A&M coming to Albany in Dec. NOW HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?????

One more year! One more year! Sorry. I have to keep telling myself that so I don't go crazy thinking about the fact that we are destined to play in some crappy consolation prize in Butler Indiana.sleep.gif

This time next year we'll be looking at playoff matchups and starting to make our plans for our Saturday after Thanksgiving travel to our 1st Round Opponent!

From what i have been told the O Line should be our strenghth next year. I assume if everyone is back they will all be 10 lbs heavier and we have some huge kids coming up behind them. Jacob Anderson who is a second team kid that I hear sensational things about, is a monster at 6-5 and 285-290. He will be over 300lbs next season and a starter. They will move Sparano inside to center as he has starting experience. MCarthy told me he is considered the best O lineman they have. Just strong as an ox. The kid from VA is 6-5 and 295, as well as the other kid from NJ who is 6-7 310ish. We should be huge next season. Run # 10 behind that line with DiLella as qb. I think we should be very good again next season on offense.

Danefan is right we will be hard pressed to match this years Defense especially the linebackers.

I believer Booker is on the Giants scholly...so I dont count it...but yes, he is on a full.

Dane Fan,Supa Dane,Great Dane Dane 96 and Ruler 79 . Thanks for your update on next years team . I am very impressed about the update on next years o-line .sounds like we have prospects at all positions . it sounds like dillela is a lock in at qb . I heard that he may have some competiton from a freshman . Has he been told its his job . Booker looks like he will be a stud . On the d number 4 looks like he will be a special player .

Our punter and kickers look solid

I believer Booker is on the Giants scholly...so I dont count it...but yes, he is on a full.

One more year! One more year! Sorry. I have to keep telling myself that so I don't go crazy thinking about the fact that we are destined to play in some crappy consolation prize in Butler Indiana

Of course Butler U. is in Indian-no-place, and the once-great Butler Bowl is now one of the few fields that make our place look like a palace, but I'm still hoping for some miracle tie-breaker to put the GIC in Poughkeepsie so I can make that and the $iena doubleheader that evening.

One more year! One more year! Sorry. I have to keep telling myself that so I don't go crazy thinking about the fact that we are destined to play in some crappy consolation prize in Butler Indiana

Of course Butler U. is in Indian-no-place, and the once-great Butler Bowl is now one of the few fields that make our place look like a palace, but I'm still hoping for some miracle tie-breaker to put the GIC in Poughkeepsie so I can make that and the $iena doubleheader that evening.

God I hope so! The only wish I had for the entire season was if we made the GIC, we would have to play at Marist.

From the Record blog:

McCarty: "I'll play"

Just got back from the University at Albany and senior running back David McCarty said he will play Saturday after suffering both a sprained right wrist and right ankle on the same play last weekend against Monmouth.

"I'll definitely play," said McCarty after Thursday's practice, the only practice he's participated in this week. "How much depends on how I feel and how the coaches feel."

I'll have more from McCarty and on the Great Danes big game against Central Connecticut State later this evening.

UAfootballLI has a good beat on the line situation, but Kevin Richards is the only Senior on the OL two-deep right now. Paul Booker is also showing some incredible signs at TE.

From what i have been told the O Line should be our strenghth next year. I assume if everyone is back they will all be 10 lbs heavier and we have some huge kids coming up behind them. Jacob Anderson who is a second team kid that I hear sensational things about, is a monster at 6-5 and 285-290. He will be over 300lbs next season and a starter. They will move Sparano inside to center as he has starting experience. MCarthy told me he is considered the best O lineman they have. Just strong as an ox. The kid from VA is 6-5 and 295, as well as the other kid from NJ who is 6-7 310ish. We should be huge next season.

Yep, the O line should be a major strength next year.. Peifer @ RT will have a year of starting exp under his belt, @ LT Gonzalez will have a year of starting exp underneath is belt..Sparano will definately be moved back @ center since he has the experience @ it splitting reps last year with Richards along with starting @ guard this year. O'Keefe will be back @ LG whose solid and only going to continue improving..and at the other guard you have Andrew Stevens whose splitting reps @ tackle and guard this year and who started @ LG in 2008. The loss of Richards won't be that big due to the fact of Sparano moving back to center along with the experience @ guards. Then you got Redshirt-Frosh and Sophmores who are fighting for playing time in Justin Anderson (Jake Anderson was a All NEC Tackle few years back...its funny because everyone does confuse the two...also a shen grad). Also you got Jordan Migliore whose another big big body (6'6 295), along with Kadeem "Baby Nguti" Williams. I think our o line situation is great since it allows us to groom the younger guys so that when it comes time for them to play they will be full out monsters...

http://www.timesunio...category=SPORTS

Another article that Singleas recycled from last year with an added paragraph that is almost word-for-word from Santillo's blog.

Anyway, CCSU doesn't run a platoon system anymore. Until this game Aubrey Morris had been moved to WR. Wanket was the starting QB all season and is out for at least the regular season with a shoulder/collarbone injury.

5 minutes of research could have told him that: http://blogcentralnb.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately flu season is keeping me indoors today and not at the game. I'm praying it comes up on Channelsurfing.net.

It is listed as a live event on CCSU's webcast service:

http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17600

Usually that means Channelsurfing will get it up. Check back right around kickoff and even a few minutes after and hopefully it will come up.

Archived