UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

effort and intensity

I was really disappointed with the overall effort and intensity the ENTIRE UALBANY basketball team displayed. I did not see players who hustled back on defense (some had no clue where the ball or shooters were). I also did not see players who got on the floor when there was a loose ball. Lots of players bending over instead of diving for the ball. What really bothered me was the lack of emotion on the players and coaches. I knew that this was a game where Albany had to play their best in order to compete (no win). I did not see much desire! The players and coaches looked defeated before the tipoff. I think the world of Coach Brown and knows that he would do anything to win. I just did not see it last night.

I was really disappointed with the overall effort and intensity the ENTIRE UALBANY basketball team displayed. I did not see players who hustled back on defense (some had no clue where the ball or shooters were). I also did not see players who got on the floor when there was a loose ball. Lots of players bending over instead of diving for the ball. What really bothered me was the lack of emotion on the players and coaches. I knew that this was a game where Albany had to play their best in order to compete (no win). I did not see much desire! The players and coaches looked defeated before the tipoff. I think the world of Coach Brown and knows that he would do anything to win. I just did not see it last night.

CB did not prepare the team well for this game and the entire game plan was horrible. The past few games have been horrible and the weak line up Brown has put on the floor needs to change and get a better rotation going. A complete embarrasment over the past few games by UA and that falls on the head coach. Fire Will Brown!

A complete embarrasment over the past few games by UA and that falls on the head coach. Fire Will Brown!

Given his 5-game losing streak to $iena and overall 1-7 record to the school, I think he downplays the importance of this game compared to $iena students/alumni. Looking at Twitter last night, LOADS of tweets from the $iena side and next to nothing from the UA side.

I know the America East is the most important, but Coach Brown has a VERY lackadaisical view towards the $iena game and doesn't see it as a must-win. We need a coach that does see it as a must-win a la McCaffery.

intensity and motivation start with the Head Coach and trickle down from there. We saw none.

He's got the big salary, the expensive suits and all the perks. Is that enough for him? he sure isn't a people person. His personality--or lack thereof.....well enough said.

he sure isn't a people person. His personality--or lack thereof.....well enough said.

Hahaha..have you ever met him??

yes. Not the warmest fellow.

Based on the instances I've encountered him..and what I've heard from others..quite the opposite..I think you're really in the minority on that one.

Regardless of his relatively insignificant record against an OOC Siena team..I've always found him to be polite and very accessible.

I guess prople have had different experiences with Coach Brown but he's always been terrific with us. He's come up in the stands to thank us for coming to road games, done the pre-game Q+As at the Pub. If you catch him at the post-season banquet he'll talk to you at length about recruiting and basketball.

I know Coach Brown. He is a wonderful person with a great personality. I never ment for this thread to attack him personally. He has a close inner circle and keeps to that inner circle. In a job where every move he makes is questions or second guessed, I would also have a pretty small group of friends and not open up to many.

I was simply saying that I did not like the intensity of the team. I do not care if it was against Siena or UMBC, I expect a better effort!

Archived