UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone so afraid to talk or ask about the stadium? You would think it was a dirty word. Danefan asked about the spring game and the STADIUM. 72 reported game 4/24, but his or anyone else lack of response on STADIUM, leads me to believe it was not mentioned at all during the lunch. Why are people involved so afraid to discuss it. IT IS NOT A BAD THING--IT IS NEEDED--IT WILL BE GOOD FOR UA.

If by "people involved" you mean the athletic administration then I completely agree with you and its an issue we've been raising for years.

Concept drawings of the stadium were released 6 years ago. There has not been any kind of public fundraising drive since then. There is no website explaining the stadium or the funding needed or the timeline. I know there is fundraising going on behind closed doors but I don't understand why it has to be a secret.

Why is everyone so afraid to talk or ask about the stadium? You would think it was a dirty word. Danefan asked about the spring game and the STADIUM. 72 reported game 4/24, but his or anyone else lack of response on STADIUM, leads me to believe it was not mentioned at all during the lunch. Why are people involved so afraid to discuss it. IT IS NOT A BAD THING--IT IS NEEDED--IT WILL BE GOOD FOR UA.

If by "people involved" you mean the athletic administration then I completely agree with you and its an issue we've been raising for years.

Concept drawings of the stadium were released 6 years ago. There has not been any kind of public fundraising drive since then. There is no website explaining the stadium or the funding needed or the timeline. I know there is fundraising going on behind closed doors but I don't understand why it has to be a secret.

It has to be secretive....secret fund-raising raise the most cash...everyone knows that!

Why is everyone so afraid to talk or ask about the stadium?

From my point of view, I was more focused on baseball yesterday and wanted to know if we are eligible to host the conference baseball tourney. We are, a change has been made that the host is the highest seed instead of the highest with lights.

The program ran long yesterday and coach Ford had to go elsewhere and I had to go back to work that I didn't get chance to ask about the stadium even if I had remembered. But I am sure if they was news of significance they would have talked about it without any of us having to ask.

Central. Ct. announced

http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17600&ATCLID=204906059

Confirmed for us in bold.

9/2 @ Maine

9/11 @ Stephen F. Austin

9/18 bye

9/25 @ Duquesne

10/2 @ Yale

10/9 vs. St. Francis

10/16 vs. Sacred Heart

10/23 vs. Central Ct.

10/30 @ Bryant

11/6 vs. Wagner

11/13 @ Robert Morris

11/20 vs. Monmouth

11/27 - 1st round of playoffs

Central. Ct. announced

http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17600&ATCLID=204906059

9/2 @ Maine

9/11 @ Stephen F. Austin

9/18 bye

9/25 @ Duquesne

10/2 @ Yale

10/9 vs. St. Francis

10/16 vs. Sacred Heart

10/23 vs. Central Ct.

10/30 @ Bryant

11/6 vs. Wagner

11/13 @ Robert Morris

11/20 vs. Monmouth

How about sticking in a big FBS money game somewhere in that schedule!

I wouldn't mind going down to the SWAMP to see the Danes.

Central. Ct. announced

http://www.ccsublued...TCLID=204906059

9/2 @ Maine

9/11 @ Stephen F. Austin

9/18 bye

9/25 @ Duquesne

10/2 @ Yale

10/9 vs. St. Francis

10/16 vs. Sacred Heart

10/23 vs. Central Ct.

10/30 @ Bryant

11/6 vs. Wagner

11/13 @ Robert Morris

11/20 vs. Monmouth

How about sticking in a big FBS money game somewhere in that schedule!

I wouldn't mind going down to the SWAMP to see the Danes.

I wish, but we need more scholarships first. The Cincy game is a complete and utter fluke and I'll believe it when it actually happens. ninja.gif

Next year our schedule is full. Its an 11-game year and we've got all the OOC games full - on the road - again.....glare.gif Now its just a matter of the NEC schedule being filled in.

The only thing I really care about now is whether or not we can get a home game on Sept. 18th and the bye week in the middle or end of the season.

I wish, but we need more scholarships first. The Cincy game is a complete and utter fluke and I'll believe it when it actually happens. ninja.gif

Next year our schedule is full. Its an 11-game year and we've got all the OOC games full - on the road - again.....glare.gif Now its just a matter of the NEC schedule being filled in.

The only thing I really care about now is whether or not we can get a home game on Sept. 18th and the bye week in the middle or end of the season.

The reality of the scholarship requirements is all too real.

Was the Cincy game officially bumped back a year?

Who'd you like to see put in the 3rd week?

The reality of the scholarship requirements is all too real.

Was the Cincy game officially bumped back a year?

Who'd you like to see put in the 3rd week?

Still listed as happening in 2011 - but like I said, I'll believe it when my butt is planted in that stadium.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/future-schedules.html

I just want to see a home game in September. So either St. Francis, Sacred Heart or Wagner. Not playing at home for the first 5 weeks is really tough to do.

St. Francis released today and in doing so one of the guys on championshipsubdivision.com was able to piece together the rest of the NEC schedule.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/fcs-schedules/2010-fcs-football-schedules/northeast-conference-2010-schedules/

Looks like we'll go yet another year without a home game in September. Terrible scheduling.

9/2 @ Maine

9/11 @ Stephen F. Austin

9/18 bye

9/25 @ Duquesne

10/2 @ Yale

10/9 vs. St. Francis

10/16 @ Robert Morris

10/23 vs. Central Ct.

10/30 @ Bryant

11/6 @ Sacred Heart

11/13 vs. Wagner

11/20 vs. Monmouth

Bold is confirmed by the release of other teams.

The rest are pieced together using the other teams released NEC schedules.

How the heck do we NEVER have a home game in September?

Are they that ashamed of the field that they don't want anyone to see it?

Function of who we schedule.

As ace points out on AGS, in the last 3 years the entire NEC has played nine home games vs. teams were NOT from the PFL/MAAC/Indy/D-II/D-III

2009 - Maine @ Albany, Hofstra @ Bryant, Bucknell @ Duquesne

2008 - Maine @ Monmouth, Costal Carolina @ Monmouth, Bucknell @ Robert Morris

2007 - Hofstra @ Albany, Stony Brook @ Albany, VMI @ Robert Morris

So unless you want to play Marist, home games are tough to come by.

How the heck do we NEVER have a home game in September?

Are they that ashamed of the field that they don't want anyone to see it?

Function of who we schedule.

As ace points out on AGS, in the last 3 years the entire NEC has played nine home games vs. teams were NOT from the PFL/MAAC/Indy/D-II/D-III

2009 - Maine @ Albany, Hofstra @ Bryant, Bucknell @ Duquesne

2008 - Maine @ Monmouth, Costal Carolina @ Monmouth, Bucknell @ Robert Morris

2007 - Hofstra @ Albany, Stony Brook @ Albany, VMI @ Robert Morris

So unless you want to play Marist, home games are tough to come by.

Agreed. I'm more upset with the league scheduling than the OOC games. Our OOC games raise the profile of the NEC and have for some time. The league should accomodate that and provide some flexibility for home games in September with open slots for OOC games later in the season.

St. Francis can get a game at Cal Poly in October, but our NEC schedule is loaded from the end of September to Thanksgiving? The NEC should be bending over backwards right now to keep us in the league.

Archived