UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who have never heard of Stephen F. Austin - they are in Nacogdoches, Texas, which is about 3 hours south of Dallas and not too far from Shreveport, LA. (2.5 hrs).

They won the Southland this year and won their opening round playoff game against Eastern Washington, only to get absolutely demolished by Montana in the quarterfinals (51-0).

They've got pretty decent attendance at 11,000+ per game.

I'm looking forward to this game as my good buddy's (who played at Albany) wife graduated from SFA. Should be a good road trip.

• 4 weeks later...

If a bunch of you go...I may make the trip. But Alum...it is is REALLY REALLY REALLY far. I wouldnt even make the trip from Boston under normal circumstances.

It is not that far. It was under 7 hours to Albany. I drove straight back to Albany after the basketball game last season instead of staying in Portland for a night to get home before the 18 inches or snow that fell starting late Saturday night into Sunday in the Portland area. I would like to make that trip if the game comes to fruition and may also go up this May for the baseball series if I don't have a conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not, unless on NESN. There are other games that night. I think it's the earliest allowable date for Division I football.

Edit: on checking, so far the only FCS games on 9/2 are Georgia State's debut vs. Shorter and Southern Illinois vs. Quincy. Boston College plays on that Saturday, so maybe there's an opening.

Archived