UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Red Shirts and Iati

Does anyone have an idea of what Jacob will bring the table? Is he more of a shooting guard like his brother or point guard? Also what about the other red shirts?

BTW does anyone know if the alumni association is doing anything for the sbu game this weekend?

Does anyone have an idea of what Jacob will bring the table? Is he more of a shooting guard like his brother or point guard? Also what about the other red shirts?

BTW does anyone know if the alumni association is doing anything for the sbu game this weekend?

From what I've heard....Iati is more of a PG then a SG, he does have a nice stroke though....I know that Puk is up to 240lb and would be a strong contender to be our starting center if he stepped onto the court right now.....Watt's need to gain some strength but I've heard very good things about him also....

Word of caution...MJ was also most improved...sometimes there is no telling what a kid will do once he gets on the court.

Personally...I've learned to expect nothing out of freshmen as they are up as often as they are down. IMO, that's why we are so bad this season, we are relying on freshmen....which in terms of W-L is a disaster. We'll be better next season simply because these kids will mature....hopefully Brown will bring in a couple of tough JUCO's with the three 'ships we'll have and anything that the freshmen give us will be a bonus.

Can't get much worse then this!

11 more games to go before this painful season is over....hang in there!

In the second half especially there seemed to be a lot of holding the ball and looking for Timmy on offense. It seemed nobody else wanted to shoot.

Final stats:

Timmay: 19 shots taken.

Rest of team: 26 shots taken.

MJ is a zero on offense...he refuses to put a shot up....simply refuses to. He had some looks and nothing...didn't even fake a shot. 19 minutes...one shot!

MJ is a zero on offense...he refuses to put a shot up....simply refuses to. He had some looks and nothing...didn't even fake a shot. 19 minutes...one shot!

I know it is coachspeak to talk up the players, but enough already.

MJ is the most improved player? His jumpshot is much more developed? Please.

Then there is the whole "best shooter" thing. Last year we couldn't shoot because our two best shooters were redshirting (Logan and Lindfors.) Then the best active shooters had injuries (Barazza and Allen.)

Now we are having trouble scoring, but the two guys we have redshirting this year (Watts and Puk) would be starting.

It just seems like exactly what we need is always just out of reach, and never on the court.

From what I've heard....Iati is more of a PG then a SG, he does have a nice stroke though....I know that Puk is up to 240lb and would be a strong contender to be our starting center if he stepped onto the court right now.....Watt's need to gain some strength but I've heard very good things about him also....

Word of caution...MJ was also most improved...sometimes there is no telling what a kid will do once he gets on the court.

Personally...I've learned to expect nothing out of freshmen as they are up as often as they are down. IMO, that's why we are so bad this season, we are relying on freshmen....which in terms of W-L is a disaster. We'll be better next season simply because these kids will mature....hopefully Brown will bring in a couple of tough JUCO's with the three 'ships we'll have and anything that the freshmen give us will be a bonus.

Can't get much worse then this!

11 more games to go before this painful season is over....hang in there!

Sounds a lot like Jamar's soph and Jr seasons...JUST SAYIN!

You hit the nail squarely on the head.

I know it is coachspeak to talk up the players, but enough already.

MJ is the most improved player? His jumpshot is much more developed? Please.

Then there is the whole "best shooter" thing. Last year we couldn't shoot because our two best shooters were redshirting (Logan and Lindfors.) Then the best active shooters had injuries (Barazza and Allen.)

Now we are having trouble scoring, but the two guys we have redshirting this year (Watts and Puk) would be starting.

It just seems like exactly what we need is always just out of reach, and never on the court.

We were sold a bill of goods this past summer....I for one learned a lesson.

Very little positive about this season.....we have a lot of holes to fill.

It also seems like every attempt is from several feet behind the line.

I was commenting on that at the game. Logan is having trouble finding his stroke yet he keeps moving farther from he basket.

My seat partner likened it to Barazza last year.

By the way, it was great to see Barazza on the court for warm-ups. Too bad about all the injuries.

It also seems like every attempt is from several feet behind the line.

I was commenting on that at the game. Logan is having trouble finding his stroke yet he keeps moving farther from he basket.

My seat partner likened it to Barazza last year.

By the way, it was great to see Barazza on the court for warm-ups. Too bad about all the injuries.

Here's a question...where do we need more help...offense or defense? Both areas have been frighteningly bad.

Hopefully some scrambled eggs and bloody Mary's.

Seriously.

http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/UAB/eventscalendar.html

Event Title: UAlbany Reception in Long Island

Date: Jan 24, 2010

Time: 10:00AM - 12:00PM

Location: The Bench Bar & Grill ~ 1095 Route 25a ~ Stony Brook

Tickets sold out though Alumni Association

Archived