UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany vs Boston U

Not entirely lost....Black continues to improve....he really needs to watch the to's....six today but otherwise he did a lot of good things. He was the only one willing to drive the ball and get into the lane....Tied his career high in pts...4ast and 4rb but way to many to's....He's actually been doing good in AE play with his A/T ratio being at 1.2/1 but today he made some mistakes. That's OK he was aggressive at least.

Also thought Lindfors played well today...put in 7pts and got 7rb while blocking to shots. He's finally willing to do work inside the paint, crashing the boards etc. instead of floating around on the perimeter.

Logan needs a lot of work in the ball handling dept....he loses the ball way to much trying to drive...something I've noticed all season. He's aggressive but to open up his outside shot he needs to have the ability to drive the ball and right now he's struggling taking his guy off the dribble.

Couple more games until this painful season comes to a close....

Nice crowd today...students showed up in great numbers.

Nothing good to say about anyone else especially the veterans other then Urli (boards) and maybe McRae who played with some energy. Harris, Ambrose and others completely MIA....we won't miss any of them next season.

Didn't see anything on the Ambrose injury if there is one. He went down hard and didn't return but I didn't see any mention of it in the post-game.

Agree about Lindfors, he's playing hard and earning his minutes.

It's going to be a tough road back.

Recent blog entry by Mark states that MJ refused to enter the game....who cares though. When he's in there it's four on five anyway...no big loss!

I'm sure there will be more to this tomorrow (today as its past midnight)...

Anyone who was sitting near the bench could hear exactly what went down and the exchange between the two of them.....MJ seemed crossed the line with the coach.

Recent blog entry by Mark states that MJ refused to enter the game....who cares though. When he's in there it's four on five anyway...no big loss!

Anyone who was sitting near the bench could hear exactly what went down and the exchange between the two of them.....MJ seemed crossed the line with the coach.

Please tell us 'exactly' what went down.

I need to determine whether or not I want him booted off the team or not.

I'd rather Black have all the minutes anyways, and if he's going to be a detriment to the team, well then....

I'd rather Black have all the minutes anyways, and if he's going to be a detriment to the team, well then....

I posted that anyone sitting next to the bench could hear exactly what went down between the two of them. I did not hear it with my own ears, as three separate people informed me of what they heard as they sat behind the bench. Because it is hearsay and I can't say I heard it with my own ears, I specifically chose not to post what I heard second-hand, as I might have misconstrued or misheard something, and I'm not about to post inaccurate quotes attributed to specific people.

The reason I posted that "anyone sitting near the bench could hear" was because I think it is pertinent that this was a public display and not something in practice or behind the scenes. It is hard to hide something when it happens with so many people around you. Because it was so public I wouldn't be surprised if it gets much more attention than if there were exchange of words off the court, during practice, etc.

The important question is: Did the coach ask Mike if he wanted to play or did he tell Mike to get in and play? In my opinion if he asked Mike, then he had the right to decline. If he told him to get in the game, and Mike told him no, then something should be done. I understand he is a young man but he is playing a sport where a coach tells him to do things. Mike doesn't have to play basketball… no one is forcing him to.

Whether he should be booted, quit, suspended for a few games, stay on the team but never play, or keep him on and play him.. I have no idea what is the best thing for the team, if he was 'told' and not asked. I don't think it will be good for the program if he gets booted or quits, based on the heat the coach and the program have been getting from players leaving. If he was insubordinate the hard decisions need to be made … do you want to let him and the team think it is okay to do what he did or do you lose another player from the program… I don't know the best decision …I'm just a fan and don't know all the politics. :rolleyes:

This will give the kids more Playing time . if he's not with the program---boot him. These kids don't need to deal with crap like this at this stage of a tough season. The future is now.

Archived