UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Denver (season opener)

Denver beat us 10-9 here last year, and now they have former Princeton coach Bill Tierney. They open at Syracuse tomorrow.

The Denver game may be on TW3. I can't find TW listings for tonight at 7. They were advertising it during the Cornell - Colgate hockey game that TW3 picked up on Tuesday. I am not sure if Albany will pick up whatever feed they were showing for the hockey game(the logo was tw5), but I will record TW3 while at the basketball game and hope I get a chance to see Denver. I will not be making that trip this time, but I hope we return there at some point and I can make the trip next time.

Posts regarding UAlbany Georgetown scrimmage:

"sources tell me the final in game scrimmage 9-8 Albany. Joe Pompo for Albany scored tying and winning goal. Any recaps would be appreciated."

&

"Albany moved the ball well...played well as a team. Starting goalie played very for the first 3 quarters and made a number of really good saves. Score at the end of the 3rd quarter was 6-3. Defense played well....denied the oppositions strengths. Need to work on clearing. Faceoffs were not good at the start, but improved as the game moved on. Offense needs to control the ball a little better and be more patient. Caulfield, while clearly the best player on offense, needs to own the offense more. No selfishness and plenty of good passing. Pompo played well as did Kereuzer and Brock. Too many turnovers and penalties though. All in all, a great day against a top ranked team...the near future looks bright for the Danes!!!!"

http://network.laxpower.com/laxforum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37074&start=240

Denver lost to D1 Lacrosse startup Jacksonville University (1-2) a few days ago.

It was in triple overtime 13-12.

Denver also lost to Syracuse 15-9.

This leaves them winless going into the game. Former Princeton coach Tierney will have them motivated.

Marr knows exactly who we are facing Saturday. Denver will not be taken lightly. With a good showing @ Georgetown, I think we are prepared to come out of the gate strong.

ughh.....I don't like to see us losing to Denver and Siena almost beating Hopkins.........blink.gif

We better put a whooping on them tomorrow.

First game of the season is always tough when you open against a team that has games under their belt. Now that UA has played a game and their opponent has played a game, I would expect form to return. In other words expect LCC to try to play their boring slow down style in an attempt to keep the score close while UA plays real lacrosse. If UA can get a few goals early it will be a fun second half like the last time that team visited.

ughh.....I don't like to see us losing to Denver and Siena almost beating Hopkins.........blink.gif

We better put a whooping on them tomorrow.

First game of the season is always tough when you open against a team that has games under their belt. Now that UA has played a game and their opponent has played a game, I would expect form to return. In other words expect LCC to try to play their boring slow down style in an attempt to keep the score close while UA plays real lacrosse. If UA can get a few goals early it will be a fun second half like the last time that team visited.

What does the head to head record look like?

Archived