UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ford into CD Football Hall of Fame

I got chills reading that story. Ford has impacted the lives of so many people, football and non-football people alike. He is our Joe Paterno...as the guy does it the right way, with no punches pulled. He is a treasue who will be missed once he finally decides to put the straw hat and clipboard away.

On a side note...nice "non-article" by our beat writer in the useless.

I got chills reading that story. Ford has impacted the lives of so many people, football and non-football people alike. He is our Joe Paterno...as the guy does it the right way, with no punches pulled. He is a treasue who will be missed once he finally decides to put the straw hat and clipboard away.

It's track season!

It's track season!

Dane96

Agree

great story on a great coach.

Click clack

Isn't he still working on finding UA basketball's head to head record vs. Cornell so he could blog that tomorrow or the next day.

Click clack

Isn't he still working on finding UA basketball's head to head record vs. Cornell so he could blog that tomorrow or the next day.

I don't think they'd blog that - too positive.

While looking it up I noticed that per the media guide, this year is the 100th anniversary of Albany basketball - first team was for The State Normal College, not even the NYS College for Teachers, in 1910. (No teams for two years in WWII).

Back on football, this is also the 40th anniversary of Albany football.

000frontcover.jpg001lxu.jpg

More pages to come as we approach the season.

I don't have a copy of the original basketball program. :lol:

Click clack

I don't think they'd blog that - too positive.

While looking it up I noticed that per the media guide, this year is the 100th anniversary of Albany basketball - first team was for The State Normal College, not even the NYS College for Teachers, in 1910. (No teams for two years in WWII).

Back on football, this is also the 40th anniversary of Albany football.

More pages to come as we approach the season.

I don't have a copy of the original basketball program. laugh.gif

Oh Oh Oh! I can't wait to see what the stadium looked like back then. ohmy.gif

Oh Oh Oh! I can't wait to see what the stadium looked like back then. ohmy.gif

Well since you asked, we can go out of order. The only picture of the stadium in the program is this campus aerial, showing the track but no goalposts. No lights or away bleachers (late 1980s), no bookstore/dining extension or library(early 90s), construction just beginning on Indian Quad.

009jh.jpg

Also the story of football's beginnings. The soccer field where Camera Day was held is the same place it is today.

003my.jpg

It's track season!

Dane96

Agree

great story on a great coach.

Click clack

OT: On the subject of the TU, I made a comment half in jest on one of the TU blog entries asking, where is the story or blog entry on Ubiles dropping out off school the second his eligibility expired. They censored it...I then made a follow up post saying that had this happened to one of the UA guys this would be front page news, again they censored it.

Joke of a paper!

Ford was inducted with a "Service to Football" award, but the Hall of Fame inductees were five local high school coaches.

Coaching greats had incredible influence - Times-Union

Was this the only article that paper had on the subject <_<

Of course, Ford's only a college football coach. Everybody KNOWS only basketball counts.

I'm not expecting a story on the opening of fall practice.

They did mention, when Giants' camp opened, the head coach in our first game

017we.jpg

015od.jpg

016mf.jpg

Ford was inducted with a "Service to Football" award, but the Hall of Fame inductees were five local high school coaches.

Coaching greats had incredible influence - Times-Union

Was this the only article that paper had on the subject <_<

Of course, Ford's only a college football coach. Everybody KNOWS only basketball counts.

I'm not expecting a story on the opening of fall practice.

They did mention, when Giants' camp opened, the head coach in our first game

Thanks, I figured that with that lame paper, but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an article.

Archived