UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Class of 2011

Doc

ClickClack had to go impose on the feel good hype from P&G game with his "realistic expectation" (hahah it's a bad time to be a realist and a UA fan) so I figured it was a good time as any to take a look at why our expectations are so pathetically low.

Tim Ambrose is our only true senior- but a look at the talent who came in along side him, and what happened to it, tells a lot about why the program has been in such disarray (and hopefully, the order that seems to be taking shape is a promise of a return to a better time)

http://pagn.wordpress.com/2010/10/30/the-albany-great-danes-decimated-graduating-class-of-2011/

Thought it was pretty much stated that Scrap Martin's issues were NOT ACADEMIC. In fact, I thought he carried a near 3.0.

I could be wrong however.

Al Turley never played football from what I could tell. He never suited up where he was thinking of going. This was pure influence of momma. I feel really bad for that kid...because he tossed away some great opportunities.

I do agree with your assessment on Ambrose...and the effect this had on his game.

I agree on all said about this being a really good interpretation of what has happened . . . it makes alot of sense. The point about the effect on Ambrose's game is especially right on the mark.

A change of subject, because I need a clarification and I can't find the original source: either here or in another forum (maybe the Purple and Gold email newsletter?) something was said about UA having two scrimmages -- one with Columbia, another with a Pat League team -- but that the NCAA had strict rules about this, that it had to be closed, no media, no fans, etc.

So, the NCAA must treat a "scrimmage" in a different way than an "exhibition," is that right? How else could LCC get to host a Div II team, at TUC, charging $10 a ticket, etc.? My alma mater in Texas does the same thing -- beats up on some lower opponent in an exhibition, in the arena, charging folks, etc. And would UA ever consider holding an "exhibition," if this is what is permissible?

Of course, the Adelphi game will give LLC a chance to have a blow-out (maybe!), and thus start the talk about where the puppies are going to be seeded in the NCAA tourney come March.

I agree on all said about this being a really good interpretation of what has happened . . . it makes alot of sense. The point about the effect on Ambrose's game is especially right on the mark.

A change of subject, because I need a clarification and I can't find the original source: either here or in another forum (maybe the Purple and Gold email newsletter?) something was said about UA having two scrimmages -- one with Columbia, another with a Pat League team -- but that the NCAA had strict rules about this, that it had to be closed, no media, no fans, etc.

So, the NCAA must treat a "scrimmage" in a different way than an "exhibition," is that right? How else could LCC get to host a Div II team, at TUC, charging $10 a ticket, etc.? My alma mater in Texas does the same thing -- beats up on some lower opponent in an exhibition, in the arena, charging folks, etc. And would UA ever consider holding an "exhibition," if this is what is permissible?

Of course, the Adelphi game will give LLC a chance to have a blow-out (maybe!), and thus start the talk about where the puppies are going to be seeded in the NCAA tourney come March.

Scrimmages are different then exhibition games? Scrimmages allow for both teams to stop play, work on things run through sets etc. While exhibitions are full on games with all rules being applied.

Each team can have a maximum of two (mix and match) such games, be it exhibition or scrimmage.

Columbia scrimmage is today (we go there), next Saturday Bucknell will come into our gym to scrimmage.

Archived