UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coaches' luncheon

OK, let's get started with what I remember

Puk has put on 37 lbs. (205 to 242). He has six uncles who played Big Ten football

After playing everyone in the first scrimmage, we'll go with an nine-man rotation for the next, and for Cornell and the next few games.

Ambrose tweaked his groin and missed five weeks, working now to get him into cardio shape for the season (don't think he needs to lift much)

Watts missed five weeks with a torn hammie - tore at the team softball game when Coach Friel slid into second (in shorts)

Aronhalt, after going from 205 to 220 with the foot injuries, is down to 202 with 9% body fat

Puk has put on 37 lbs. (205 to 242). He has six uncles who played Big Ten football

After playing everyone in the first scrimmage, we'll go with an nine-man rotation for the next, and for Cornell and the next few games.

Ambrose tweaked his groin and missed five weeks, working now to get him into cardio shape for the season (don't think he needs to lift much)

Watts missed five weeks with a torn hammie - tore at the team softball game when Coach Friel slid into second (in shorts)

Aronhalt, after going from 205 to 220 with the foot injuries, is down to 202 with 9% body fat

was the times union there?

On line three...going with the nine man rotation. Hopefully this is a sign that there will be a better rotation this season.

Additions:

Bad chemistry and practice consistency last year. First year we weren't in top 2 in defense and/or rebounding.

This year's team has been very consistent in pratice. It sounded like coach is very happy with chemistry so far.

Spoke to 4 who won't play in scrimmage. Wants them to understand and embrace their roles, but not to accept them. They must perform in peactice in order to get minutes.

Moore is best defender.

Puk was very good in first scrimmage. Needs to get a bit of a mean sreak, but it's early.

Devlin is going to get significant minutes.

Lindfors has a lot of talent, but "the light bulb isn't always on".

Tim has been asked to play solid D and will be forgiven some offensive mistakes. Has had his best overall preseason, even though he's not in shape yet.

Aronhalt is more explosive, but needs to improve a half step laterally.

Ralph Watts was only in 2nd or 3rd practice at p&g game. has been playing backup pg minutes. Still not all the way back from injury, plays 1,2 and 3 positions. (personal observation from p&g - funny release on his jump shot, ball goes behind head).

If I remember more, I'll edit post.

Additions:

Bad chemistry and practice consistency last year. First year we weren't in top 2 in defense and/or rebounding.

This year's team has been very consistent in pratice. It sounded like coach is very happy with chemistry so far.

Spoke to 4 who won't play in scrimmage. Wants them to understand and embrace their roles, but not to accept them. They must perform in peactice in order to get minutes.

Moore is best defender.

Puk was very good in first scrimmage. Needs to get a bit of a mean sreak, but it's early.

Devlin is going to get significant minutes.

Lindfors has a lot of talent, but "the light bulb isn't always on".

Tim has been asked to play solid D and will be forgiven some offensive mistakes. Has had his best overall preseason, even though he's not in shape yet.

Aronhalt is more explosive, but needs to improve a half step laterally.

Ralph Watts was only in 2nd or 3rd practice at p&g game. has been playing backup pg minutes. Still not all the way back from injury, plays 1,2 and 3 positions. (personal observation from p&g - funny release on his jump shot, ball goes behind head).

If I remember more, I'll edit post.

did he say who the 4 are that arent going to play?

Also, to add on Media coverage, coach mentioned that McGuire was also going to be covering UA more this season and thanked Brian DePasquale for all the work his does with the media.

As far as I am concerned, I don't expect much out of the TU and pay them accordingly. The NY Post has better coverage of the rest of the teams I care about, Mets, Giants so I pay more for Sundays' Post than I do for Siundays TU which has poor coverage of the local team.

I heard Hatcher is struggling in the early going. Hopefully he picks things up quickly.

I'm so glad that this early CB is talking rotations as in settling on one. Does anyone remember last year? Yikes.

Trying to forget actually.

When we first signed Hatcher I was thinking about a 6'7 small forward. After seeing him at the scrimmage I was actually curious about him more as a shooting PF. Especially since Lindfors - who I hoped would play well - didn't look that sharp.

Archived