UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I don't know about the listing of our signees but I do like that I read we are getting a JUCO Offensive Lineman signed. I hope they signed 8 of them. Its time we got really big again upfront. With the skill players we have and a revamped(better) Offensive Line I think we could be an immediate favorite for the NEC.

I expect to go 3-0 or 2-1 at the very least in our OOC games. Here goes my Rex Ryan imitation: "Anything less than an NEC Championship will be disappointing." I hope they are good and pissed over losses to CCSU(should of won except a bull$iena call on 4th down), Bryant(humiliating), Duquesne(a disgrace)and the absolute ASS KICKIN they took against RMC.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARE WE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY THAT HAS NOT ANNOUNCED THERE RECRUITS!

It is frustrating, especially considering how great the release was last year (videos with highlights, etc...).

The only thing I can think of is that a lot of the signing day ceremonies were cancelled yesterday becuase of the storm (definitely happened by me in NJ) and because of that they haven't gotten signed letters of intent from some top recruits?

They can't by NCAA rule discuss a recruit until they have a sign NLI in hand.

That's the only reason I can see for being a DI school and not releasing a signing class on signing day.

I heard they were waiting to release it at the same time as announcements on conference affiliation and stadium progress.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

BTW - not too off base because I'm sure stadium progress and conference affiliation were 2 of the top football-related questions asked during the recruiting period.

ARE WE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY THAT HAS NOT ANNOUNCED THERE RECRUITS!

It is frustrating, especially considering how great the release was last year (videos with highlights, etc...).

The only thing I can think of is that a lot of the signing day ceremonies were cancelled yesterday becuase of the storm (definitely happened by me in NJ) and because of that they haven't gotten signed letters of intent from some top recruits?

They can't by NCAA rule discuss a recruit until they have a sign NLI in hand.

That's the only reason I can see for being a DI school and not releasing a signing class on signing day.

I heard they were waiting to release it at the same time as announcements on conference affiliation and stadium progress.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Won't those kids be past their prime?

Better late then never:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205089413&DB_OEM_ID=15800

2011 University at Albany Football Signings

Name, Pos., Ht., Wt., Hometown (High School / Previous School)

Nick Beach, CB, 5-11, 175, Charlotte, N.C. (Mallard Creek)

Danny Book, OT, 6-6, 240, Harrisburg, N.C. (Hickory Ridge)

Brad Bowen, OG, 6-2, 270, Elma, N.Y. (Iroquois)

Cory Connell, DE, 6-2, 235, Ramsey, N.J. (Ramsey)

Joe Hoback, C, 6-2, 290, Washington, Iowa (Washington / Ellsworth C.C.)

Mat LaDucer, ILB, 6-1, 210, Wyckoff, N.J. (Ramapo)

Adam Pasnik, OG, 6-3, 260, Orchard Park, N.Y. (St. Francis Athol Springs)

UAlbany Football Signing Profiles

Nick Beach

CB, 5-11, 175, Charlotte, N.C. (Mallard Creek)

Chosen first team All-I-Meck Conference ... totaled 43 tackles, three interceptions and 17 pass break-ups as a senior ... team was ranked No. 2 in North Carolina before losing the in semifinal round of state championship ... competes in 400-meter dash as member of track and field team.

Danny Book

OT, 6-6, 240, Harrisburg, N.C. (Hickory Ridge)

Selected All-South Piedmont 3A Conference on two occasions ... four-year starter as an offensive lineman and defensive end ... team finished second in conference standings in his junior season ... started four seasons as a member of basketball team ... part of school's first graduating class.

Brad Bowen

OG, 6-2, 270, Elma, N.Y. (Iroquois)

Twice named to the Class A South all-league squad ... honorable mention honors as a senior despite being injured part of the season ...earned second-team recognition as a junior.

Cory Connell

DE, 6-2, 235, Ramsey, N.J. (Ramsey)

All-Bergen County second team ... Newark Star-Ledger second-team all-county ... Big North American Division first team ... also a tight end and a long snapper on punt and PAT units ... 68 tackles and five sacks as a senior ... captain on a team that finished 9-3 and reached North 1, Group 2 state final ... second-team all-league as a junior when he had 65 tackles, 5.5 sacks and two blocked punts ... team won state championship ... career stats: 150 tackles, 12 sacks.

Joe Hoback

C, 6-2, 290, Washington, Iowa (Ellsworth Community College / Washington)

Named All-Region twice ... All-Iowa Western Community College as a sophomore ... led team to Western Region championship and a combined 16-6 record over last two seasons ... the Panthers finished 8-3 and were ranked No. 14 in 2010 NJCAA national poll ... blocked for nation's top offense and No. 1 quarterback two years in a row ... rushing attack averaged 5.2 yards per carry over last two seasons ... Des Moines Register Class 3A second-team all-state as a senior at Washington High ... Iowa Newspaper Association third-team all-state... member of Class 3A, District 6 team.

Mat LaDucer

ILB, 6-1, 210, Wyckoff, N.J. (Ramapo)

All-Bergen County second team ... Newark Star-Ledger second-team all-county ... Big North Independence Division first team ... 65 tackles and five sacks as a linebacker ... 11 receptions and one touchdown as a tight end ... had 42 tackles as a junior when his team won the North 1, Group 3 state title ... career stats: 107 tackles, 7 sacks, 3 caused fumbles ... second-team All-North Jersey lacrosse defenseman ... named to All-North Bergen Interscholastic Athletic League and All-Suburban lacrosse squads.

Adam Pasnik

OG, 6-3, 260, Orchard Park, N.Y. (St. Francis Athol Springs)

All-Upstate Football Weekly third team ... All-Monsignor Martin League AA first team ... positioned at offensive guard and defensive tackle for Red Raiders ... Captain's Award ... competes in shot put as member of track and field program.

Although a small class i am very excited about the results! Seems like we spent the money we had wisely> Great improvement at center in my opinion and some very good O-line prospects. Cover corner looks like he may play right away as well. I am glad that we didn't waste money on the kids from Troy, seems like we always waste a little every year on that. Hopefully we also got some solid Preferred walk on's as well because alot of our main guy's were just that, they always seem to do do well ie Kirchner , Leathley , Delaney ect.... I'm really looking forward to this season and next!

So, we have the seven announced signings:

Then we throw in the four commitments found through other sources:

Devon Maio, WR, Rochester, NY (Rush-Henrietta)

Brian Marsh, QB, Troy, NY (Troy)

Josh Blaauboer, WR, Troy, NY (Troy)

Thomas O'Riordan, K, (North Rockland)

Eleven new players (so far).

My question: Are the seven announced players scholarship kids, and the others just players that signed NLOIs but that won't be offered scholarship money? They are all New York kids, so costs are lower, and more aid is available, but if that is the case did they really "sign", or do they just walk on? Then are their "signings" listed mostly for hometown pride and personal satisfaction? Just curious.

O'Riordan looks like a pretty solid kicker.

Checking out those Youtube videos you get his scholastic stats:

Jr. Year:

FGs, 8-11, long of 41.

Punts: 41 avg., long of 55.

6 touchbacks.

Varsity Career:

FGs, 17-25, long of 50.

Punts: 41.5 avg., long of 73.

So, assuming he didn't play varsity before his junior year, for field goals he woud have gone 9-14 with a long of 50 in his senior year.

Kicking was one area where I thought the team could improve, as Glass went 8-19 with a long of 45 last year.

Hopefully this kid can provide some good competition.

My question: Are the seven announced players scholarship kids, and the others just players that signed NLOIs but that won't be offered scholarship money? They are all New York kids, so costs are lower, and more aid is available, but if that is the case did they really "sign", or do they just walk on? Then are their "signings" listed mostly for hometown pride and personal satisfaction? Just curious.

OK I do not get it? Who's coming, who is not? Who is on scholie, who is not? Who's good who is not? (ok this last one is speculative, but the other questions are quantitative? )

OK I do not get it? Who's coming, who is not? Who is on scholie, who is not? Who's good who is not? (ok this last one is speculative, but the other questions are quantitative? )

The kids who sign NLI's are generally receiving some type of aid. I think we had about 5 scholarships to give out so I think its safe to assume those 7 kids split the 5 scholarships.

There will be a number of other preferred walkons - who may receive other types of aid (e.g. academic, etc..) but who do not need to sign a NLI and generally aren't part of the release. The 2 kids from Troy probably fall into that category, although I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them get the Giants/Capital Region scholarship this year.

Wednesday was the Initial Signing Date. That means Wednesday was the first day guys can sign a NLI, not that its the last. Also just because a kid signs a NLI doesn't necessarily mean hes getting $$. Most of the team yes, but not always. Most kids have their decisions/plans set by wednedsay but there's still a lot of recruiting and moves going on past the signing date.

Archived