UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Here's another story from the TU. I don't understand the supposition that the TU has to approve everything UAlbany does. The AJC didn't do that for Grorgia Tech. The Union Tribune doesn't do that for San Diego State. Yes, UAlbany is a state school but it should manage its own affairs. As far as I know, the university hasn't asked for funds it doesn't already have. When did the TU have to bless every project on campus? The TU is trying to inflame people over a tiny project. Stadium aside, UAlbany needs to be like any other state university in this country and that means breaking the TU's shackles.

http://www.timesunion.com/opinion/article/UAlbany-kicks-off-a-hot-potato-1469346.php

UA doesn't have to explain ANYTHING to the TU. That's why I'm in favor of giving them nothing else over what the school has already done. The comments from President Philip should be enough for them in terms of explanations. Don't give the TU any more ammo.

Here's another story from the TU. I don't understand the supposition that the TU has to approve everything UAlbany does. The AJC didn't do that for Grorgia Tech. The Union Tribune doesn't do that for San Diego State. Yes, UAlbany is a state school but it should manage its own affairs. As far as I know, the university hasn't asked for funds it doesn't already have. When did the TU have to bless every project on campus? The TU is trying to inflame people over a tiny project. Stadium aside, UAlbany needs to be like any other state university in this country and that means breaking the TU's shackles.

http://www.timesunion.com/opinion/article/UAlbany-kicks-off-a-hot-potato-1469346.php

The TU is a joke. The have their name on an arena in this area that is used primarily for sports.

Not at all shocking they would be against improving/replacing another area sports facility.

the President says facility fills needThe T-U did have a picture of the Nanotech building Sunday in a story about the Albany area being a leader in green technology

Greening up

This was on the front page of the business section, while "the President says facility fills need" was on page 4 of the local section, and the "hot potato" opinion was on the editorial page.

Hard to say how much is anti-UA, how much is anti-athletics.

the President says facility fills needThe T-U did have a picture of the Nanotech building Sunday in a story about the Albany area being a leader in green technology

Greening up

This was on the front page of the business section, while "the President says facility fills need" was on page 4 of the local section, and the "hot potato" opinion was on the editorial page.

Hard to say how much is anti-UA, how much is anti-athletics.

Hard to make the case that the TU is anti-athletics when they have their name on the Knick arena and where they are always sucking up to LCC basketball.

In any event, I cancelled my Sunday TU subscription via voice mail yesterday and got a call back from the lady at the TU today asking if I was sure. I told her specifically about their editorial on Sunday as the breaking point and that my money is not going to be used to write that garbage and that it would be better spent on football tickets than on the TU.

...I cancelled my Sunday TU subscription via voice mail yesterday...

Please tell me the subscription was a gift from a co-worker. Family and friends wouldn't have done that, and I know you wouldn't have.

I thought you cancelled that subscription years ago.

The sooner that rag goes under and closes its doors, the better.

Any idea on how to help that process along a bit faster?

A quick search of the site reveals that in November 2009 Bob was enrolled in a 20 week subscription for Thursdays and Sundays. I'm pretty sure that was more than 20 weeks ago. Bob, you have some explaining to do...

A quick search of the site reveals that in November 2009 Bob was enrolled in a 20 week subscription for Thursdays and Sundays. I'm pretty sure that was more than 20 weeks ago. Bob, you have some explaining to do...

I don't remember having Thursday. I buy the NY Post on Sunday whenever I am in the store and figured I would give the TU another shot for Sundays only for less than half price since they are less than half a paper. But this Sunday they were worse than if they printed blank pages. The gazette doesn't look much better.I wish their was a viable alternative as I would like to have a local paper on sundays when I want to relax.

The way the newspaper business is going there will never be a new local paper and thus a good local paper and at least one of the papers here will be gone at some point .

Archived