UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Scott Bruxvoort

Vermont fans on the AE site were impressed by his highlight video and so was I. Curious if he's a small forward or power forward, looks like he has skills that you'd want in either spot.

Consensus First Team All-state.

I like the description from NY2LA Sports:

SCOTT BRUXVOORT – 6’6” – 2012 – SF – PCM (IA) – KINGDOM HOOPS GRASSROOTS

In the same fashion that Alcantare brings intangibles to the table, so goes Bruxvoort. A solid athlete who can score inside and outside, Bruxvoort plays hard from start to finish. His motor combines with his instincts and skill package to bring instant production to the court every time he takes it. He attacks the glass, can finish in transition, hits the jumper, and has exceptional court awareness and instincts that make for a solid mid major prospect.

He has grown...I believe 6'5".

Last night Click had me watch the video...and my first thought was a bigger Logan Aronholt. This kid is a super steal! Yes, he is playing like a man among boys with this competition...but I know he was blowing up lately and had interest (not scholly offers) from some serious big time teams. Just the thought that they were tracking him is awesome.

Great job Coach...and to Coach O'Donnell!

He playes for a very small school in the middle of nowhere...he was big time under-recruited. We've been on him forever and it payed off. Ton of credit to the coaching staff for working so diligently on getting him...there is an incredible amount of ability to work with but he needs help in the ball handling dept and a bit on the outside shooting but otherwise, incredible court awareness/IQ...about as athletic a kid as you'll ever see in the AE. Very tough...hardnosed, just keeps going...

D96 Bruxvoort reminds me of the HS videos of Aronhalt (without the 3pt shot) with his dunks but he seems to have more Brian Lillis in him.....

Scott Bruxvoort, PF, Kingdom Hoops 16's- We will have to watch him more down the road to get a better gauge for him as an overall prospect. However, he's among the toughest kids we've seen in quite some time. Very athletic, he tries to dunk everything and loves to play through contact even though he's not exactly thick. During one game, he lost a pair of teeth courtesy of an elbow. Shortly after, he was fouled on a dunk attempt, landed on his cheek, lost a ton of blood and came right back trying to dunk on guys!

- Rivals.com may 2010

Patch, I'd say that's a perfect assessment. There was one rebound he grabbed that reminded me of Lillis...and same with a midcourt steal he had. On the rebound, Bux looked at the opposing player as if to say, "Child please".

If this kid is anything like a cross between Logan and Lillis...I'd be a very happy camper.

So this begs the question who is graduating/leaving? Or is this a case of one current player paying his own way? I was curious since we don't seem to have an open roster spot.

I believe it will be a little bit of both...

Click, What do you mean by this? Can you be more specific or at least share your speculation?