UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Vermont

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No shots on the last three possession. All turnovers.

Thought we competed well on the road in a tough place. Hopefully clean things up against Bing next week to 5-3 in the first half of the conference schedule. Hoping for 7-1 with more home games in the second half.

We are the only one of the top 4 to have played the other 3 on the road. At least one win on the road would have done wonders against BU/SBU/UVM...the other three have only played each other once on the road and all road teams lost. Brook lost at BU, BU lost at UVM, UVM lost at Brook.

Now we have the easiest schedule down the road with all of them coming into our house plus, Hartford/Bing/UNH/Maine on the road. Certainly road games are tough but give me those four on the road over BU/SBU/UVM. Would have been great to take one of them though...

I am by far no expert on basketball, but I have two observations from the games that I have seen this year....1) we have absolutely no inside offensive game and 2) we are way too anxious to take a 3 point shot. I think these two things have cost us some games this year!

Doesn't that pretty much sum up the UA offense every year?

There have been a few games this year where we seemed to focus on getting the ball in the paint more and last night was one of them. I thought Blake was effective when they did it. Vermont really left Apfield or whoever was guarding him on an island because everyone else attracts so much attention on offense.

70% from 3 point land by a not good three shooting team; and a jump ball which both Wyland and espn3 guys said was nonexistent. We simply cannot catch a break on the road. But I guess that is why we have to win ALL our home games. With our schedule in the second half, I think 7-1 or even 8-0 is realistic.

By the way 70% from three is awesome even if not-defensed; uncontested threes are only made what maybe 50-60% of the time. Also, turnover by Logan where he throws the ball the length of the court out of bounds pretty nearly impossible without an assist (or foul) from the other team. Again Wyland and espn3 said the refs definitely missed the call. Looked to me defender hit his arm vigoursly as he went to pass. Anyhow ESPN3 stream was SO poor it was a little hard to tell. (Anyone else have trouble with the espn3 quality, last night??)

UVM shot 50% (9-18) from three last night..not 70%. I'm assuming that's what the 70% was referring to?

I'd guess the 'over/under' for us on the remaining 9 AE games would/should be 6-3 or 7-2.

EDIT: So..I guess the over/under on remaining AE wins..for me..would be 6.5.

No doubt Vermont has a classier fan base.

Jamar broke the school career scoring record at Patrick Gym his senior year and they gave him a nice ovation then also.

Alright, I've said enough nice things about Vermont fans.

Archived