UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. Binghamton

Aj8LaY0CAAAQTla.jpg

Aussie Day will be celebrated on Wed. First game with the students back and the beginning of a battle of the RA's to get their residents to come to the games.

"AUSSIE DAY

· Free Tickets for students and…

· 6 PM pregame party in the PE Gym (free pizza and a band)

· Nightly $50 raffle prizes

· Enter to win an ipad2

· Large Aussie flags and the attached flag cards for “Aussie Night”

· Purple and gold noodles to wave in the crowd

· Growl towels

· DANEger Zone T-shirts

· Under Armour DANEger Zone Hoodie to any RA who brings 15 students

7 PM Tip-off vs. Binghamton

Come out and support the GREAT DANES as they try to remain UNDEFEATED at HOME"

Radio:

http://www.iheart.com/#/live/1425/?autoplay=true

Game Notes:

https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/125622.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=15800

Binghamton is 0-19.......

Wow...having slept on it last night...that was a terrible effort. Team came out sleep walking...Defense continues to be laughable. Outside of Black and maybe Devlin we are a terrible defensive team. Bing beat us over and over on baseline cuts.

Suero while scoring 25pts was a to machine, routinely drove into three defenders instead of kicking the ball out for wide open shots.

Black once again saved our a$$, without him we would have lost. He finally took control of the ball and the game. He's the one guy I have a lot of trust in, he makes others around him better, another superb effort last night. He's a first teamer IMO, A/T ration is incredible especially in conference play at 3.5/1. He doesn't get enough credit...

I was chatting with people after the game that Mike Black would have been player of the game, and probably every home game so far this season.

I've come to the realization that he is the most important player to this team...by a wide margin. He should have had 6 or 7 assists yesterday with some easy blown layups.

Maybe Brown should give some of Watt's minutes to Iati. Watt seems to be in a funk for most of the year (at least since conference play began). But I have been a Iati supporter since blog discussions last year on Watts vs Iati; and Watts still has not shown me consistently much of anything. (except some defense at times--but even there he does seems to get beat a lot; but that is UA defense at its best I guess.)

I was chatting with people after the game that Mike Black would have been player of the game, and probably every home game so far this season.

I've come to the realization that he is the most important player to this team...by a wide margin. He should have had 6 or 7 assists yesterday with some easy blown layups.

I AGREE! Maybe Suero is getting all the buzz about americaeast player of the year, but Mike Black has been UA's POY (at least since conference play began).

I agree with the trust in Mike Black. One of the things I wasn't crazy about at the end of the Vermont game was that he didn't have the ball in his hands much in that final minute.

One of the most encouraging things last night happened after the game. Tanner Gibson came out of the locker room to work on his shooting. According to Wilkin he was out there for two hours after the game.

I have a hard time believing that Bing team has less talent than some our 20+ loss teams did when Brown took over. This is not to say we didn't play awfully poorly.

I agree with the trust in Mike Black. One of the things I wasn't crazy about at the end of the Vermont game was that he didn't have the ball in his hands much in that final minute.

One of the most encouraging things last night happened after the game. Tanner Gibson came out of the locker room to work on his shooting. According to Wilkin he was out there for two hours after the game.

I have a hard time believing that Bing team has less talent than some our 20+ loss teams did when Brown took over. This is not to say we didn't play awfully poorly.

Wonder if anyone else was out there with Tanner...Metcalf should pull an all nighter shooting FT. Seriously, might as well consider it a TO every time he goes to the line...in his career he's gone from 44% to 33% to 24%...that's just embarrassing.

I forgot to add the other day I thought the Aussie Day stuff was fun although not everyone seemed aware of it. Maybe the students were more up to speed. Hopefully they keep coming back to the games, we're going to need them.

I liked the Devlin as center, Guerrier as PF line-up we were playing with for a while in the second half. Guerrier is a lot quicker getting around screens and having five guys on the court who can shoot threes gives defenses more to think about when they all want to collapse down on Suero or Mike Black's drive.

Wonder if anyone else was out there with Tanner...Metcalf should pull an all nighter shooting FT. Seriously, might as well consider it a TO every time he goes to the line...in his career he's gone from 44% to 33% to 24%...that's just embarrassing.

I was kind of shocked that Metcalf went in for the end game against Bing. I thought it would be Puck. He makes a good % of his FTs.

alum73 - I would guess the idea was for Metcalf to be in there for a defensive stop and once we got posession there would be a time out and Metcalf would be subbed out.

Metcalf got tangled up getting the rebound and hence fouled before we truly had posession. The primary goal was to get the stop and Puk was having a pretty bad evening. You can't worry about shooting the FTs if you don't get that stop first.

Just my thoughts, I don't think CB was comfortable putting Metcalf in at that time either.

I forgot to add the other day I thought the Aussie Day stuff was fun although not everyone seemed aware of it. Maybe the students were more up to speed. Hopefully they keep coming back to the games, we're going to need them.

I liked the Devlin as center, Guerrier as PF line-up we were playing with for a while in the second half. Guerrier is a lot quicker getting around screens and having five guys on the court who can shoot threes gives defenses more to think about when they all want to collapse down on Suero or Mike Black's drive.

I too loved that line-up. I think it was in part frustration on Coach's and Seuro's part that that line-up hit the floor. Missed layups and TO's by Puk and Metcalf had both (and me) very frustrated.

Archived