UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AE Tourney

MRSGDG

This was a no-win proposition for me...I guess the lesser of the two evils won. Now the maple-drinkers are going to be an even bigger collection of smug ****'s. But 5-10 for UVM (NCAA appearances) certainly does make them the flagship basketball program in the AE.

SBU came up small again...senior laden, tons of depth, at home and they come up lame like this. LOL...Evil Empire I guess needs a bit more seasoning. This was their best chance, they lose a number of key pieces (Joyner/Dougher...etc). Going to be tougher for them next year trying to get their first dance.

UA, still the only SUNY to go dancing....

They will be middle of the pack at best next year.

They still have good pieces and a nice recruiting class...top 4 wouldn't surprise me...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a no-win proposition for me...I guess the lesser of the two evils won. Now the maple-drinkers are going to be an even bigger collection of smug ****'s. But 5-10 for UVM (NCAA appearances) certainly does make them the flagship basketball program in the AE.

SBU came up small again...senior laden, tons of depth, at home and they come up lame like this. LOL...Evil Empire I guess needs a bit more seasoning. This was their best chance, they lose a number of key pieces (Joyner/Dougher...etc). Going to be tougher for them next year trying to get their first dance.

UA, still the only SUNY to go dancing....

It may be no-win to you, but certainly nice to see SB stay on ZERO.

As far as UVm, we'll have to take care of them next season. Everyone else has come up short. So the stats are in the last 10 years we have knocked them out of the tourney 3 times, but everyone else has only done it twice. That is kind of sad.

How many times is an AE team going to have to play a play-in.... probably alot.

Well, this is the first time, so unless you think a 27+ ranking is permanent, probably not that often. If the bottom three team could just make SOME progress, AE could get back to 18-22 fairly soon - conferences 15-27 are really close, and the rank # exaggerates the difference between them.

Archived