UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly, steel work continues today, a Saturday with a dusting of snow on the ground. Surprised because they didn't work on the day after Thanksgiving, in much better weather.

I didn't want to offer my traditional doom and gloom, but the pace of construction has been irking me lately.

Here it is, December 1st, and the steel framework to the tower is just starting, and they are working on Saturday to erect more of it.

I guess that afters years of frustration that I should show more patience, but with rumors that the stadium will not be ready for the Spring game, I would personally like to see some more urgency. At this point most of the concrete has been poured, so let's get those frames and skins up and kick this thing into high gear!

Surprisingly, steel work continues today, a Saturday with a dusting of snow on the ground. Surprised because they didn't work on the day after Thanksgiving, in much better weather.

I didn't want to offer my traditional doom and gloom, but the pace of construction has been irking me lately.

Here it is, December 1st, and the steel framework to the tower is just starting, and they are working on Saturday to erect more of it.

I guess that afters years of frustration that I should show more patience, but with rumors that the stadium will not be ready for the Spring game, I would personally like to see some more urgency. At this point most of the concrete has been poured, so let's get those frames and skins up and kick this thing into high gear!

I don't think there's any chance for the Spring game anymore.

Going thru today's webcam shots, the crane is moving a lot but you can't see any steel going up. But it looks like they're starting to level the playing field (literally; at 12:30 there's a surveyor's tripod in what will be the north endzone).

If you look closely the crane is actually putting up more of the concrete skin. It looks like they have connected the elevator tower to the stadium on the first floor. I assume they'll need to to that the whole way down the line to sure up the whole structure. The skin must have structure purposes which is why they did it in concrete.

Looks great...they have started construction on the playing surface...the weather is holding up which is awesome considering Dr. McElroy stated on the Wagner half-time show that construction is AHEAD of schedule.

Maybe by some chance we can get a spring game there....probably not though. I don't think it's that much ahead of schedule.

Going thru today's webcam shots, the crane is moving a lot but you can't see any steel going up. But it looks like they're starting to level the playing field (literally; at 12:30 there's a surveyor's tripod in what will be the north endzone).

If you look closely the crane is actually putting up more of the concrete skin. It looks like they have connected the elevator tower to the stadium on the first floor. I assume they'll need to to that the whole way down the line to sure up the whole structure. The skin must have structure purposes which is why they did it in concrete.

Yes, the field is being graded down to the level needed for the underdrains of the turf field.

The precast concrete panels are not structural elements to the tower. The panels act as a skin and are clipped in place to the steel. The panels are meant to create an architectural "base" to play off the form and material of the SEFCU exterior and insulating metal panels will enclose the rest of the tower structure.

Edited by Brutus

Yes, the field is being graded down to the level needed for the underdrains of the turf field.

The precast concrete panels are not structural elements to the tower. The panels act as a skin and are clipped in place to the steel. The panels are meant to create an architectural "base" to play off the form and material of the SEFCU exterior and insulating metal panels will enclose the rest of the tower structure.

Got it. Makes sense and it will definitely compliment the SEFCU exterior nicely.

It's not foundation. It just a retaining wall.

I don't know what the tunnel will be used for once they put the second deck on that endzone (if they ever do) but I could imagine it will be similar to SBU.

For now at least it's where the players will run out on the field. The turf will be purple and there is a planned Great Dane statue at the top of the ramp. I also believe the student sections will be on either side to run through.

I think it's a great idea. Smile to Clemson's run down the stadium.

So, you meant the ramp will be purple.

And praise the lord that the field isn't going to be purple!

Edited by uofalbany

It's not foundation. It just a retaining wall.

I don't know what the tunnel will be used for once they put the second deck on that endzone (if they ever do) but I could imagine it will be similar to SBU.

For now at least it's where the players will run out on the field. The turf will be purple and there is a planned Great Dane statue at the top of the ramp. I also believe the student sections will be on either side to run through.

I think it's a great idea. Smile to Clemson's run down the stadium.

So, you meant the ramp will be purple.

And praise the lord that the field isn't going to be purple!

Yes, I believe the ramp will be purple turf.