UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken, this goes immediately behind the goal post in the SOUTH end zone. Two questions: will there be an ancillary score board in the North end zone or corners or somewhere? AND what do they do with this scoreboard if/when they put seats in the south end zone? Responses sought from those in the KNOW, but reasonable guesses appreciated also.

I did see that an "essential" part of the General Contractor's "Critical Path" issues with contract items was scheduled to be completed this week. The General Contractor was scheduled to finish off the $12.45 "Renovation of the existing media upgrades to be utilized by Times Union personnel and their assigned representatives"....looking into the finer details for that part of the project, I learned that they restained ( with only the best in utilizing Lovitt's Wood Stain) a picnic table in the back of Sutter's on their rear patio for all Times Union representatives to use...along with several sets of binoculars to observe the action!!

With the way the TU "reports" the ongoings of UA Sports, I think it was an overinvestment....LOL!

If I am not mistaken, this goes immediately behind the goal post in the SOUTH end zone. Two questions: will there be an ancillary score board in the North end zone or corners or somewhere? AND what do they do with this scoreboard if/when they put seats in the south end zone? Responses sought from those in the KNOW, but reasonable guesses appreciated also.

There is no other scoreboard scheduled. As for moving the board....if they indeed put seats in I'd assume moving the board to a new space is not going to be an issue. It all depends on the design. They likely wont fill that endzone without the office facility in the same phase. So...this COULD go on top of that facility.

Would you contribute something useful. Your posts are annoying.

I was amused...! Just saying

Hopefully as we get closer to the season they roll out an advertising campaign as well as working with tw3 to put all home on live in HD to turn more eyes and ears to the awesomeness we have going on over here.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't much to be seen when the temp was in the single digits last week, but this week a lot more of the verticals on the upper level were installed. Any time I've been by there were at least a few cars parked inside the project site, but I suppose below 15 degrees not just concrete but caulk, adhesives, and paint probably don't work as well; I bet even wiring starts to stiffen up.

This week is the bottom of winter for average temps., so as it gets above freezing I bet it will start to pick up again.

seems like work has slowed quite a bit (perhaps due to the weather). Anything going on behind the plastic or out of view of the camera? Maybe Brutus can chime in on what's been going on as of late.

A little bored with the webcam, and having some time this afternoon, I walked around the construction site today.

They have started placing the outer facade on parts of the tower, so hopefully next week we can watch them finish that work.

One thing I noticed about the tarp is that the middle part of it juts out towards the field. I looked at the construction plans, as I thought it was a straight line for its entire length. It looks like that is where the bathroom sinks and a handicapped restroom will be located.

Edited by haggyland

Still a bit in the manic phase, but I found a website that allows you to specify any point in the U.S., and to create population radii around it for the 2010 census data.

I plugged in the 50 yard line for the new "multi-purpose stadium" (which can be found very specifically using Google maps: 42.680696 latitude, -73.827131 longitude), and found the populations within various miles from the new stadium.

1 mile: 12,567

5 miles: 181,811

10 miles: 433,813

25 miles: 779,173

50 miles: 1,401,35

Moral of the story? With a good product, and 8,000 seats in a brand new stadium, these population figures show why every game next year should be sold out.

I feel exciting things coming...

Does that population include the dorms (which should be 5-7 thousand by themselves)?

I do not think it can, as I thought the census required permanent residency.

Any public policy majors want to jump in?

PS: In case you want to play around: http://mcdc.missouri.edu/websas/caps10c.html

It looks like we "over-populate" UMass Amherst's stadium up until the 50 mile radius. (Knowing, of course, that they play their games in Foxboro Stadium now.)

Because a couple of exterior places were installed on the exteriors of both the north and south towers, I thought they were going to install the outer layer.

Watching the webcam so far this week has made me skeptical that this is one of the next steps. Now my theory is that they are going to install the east-west supports for the upper level seating. Viewing things remotely, and also not seeing any steel deliveries, does make me wonder, though.