UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was hydroseed but I couldn't figure out why they would put hydroseed down in the winter. Maybe its some kind of winter rye to hold the soil together?

That area is supposed to get additional retaining walls and will end up being grass.

I thought it might be grass seed too, but it looks like they still need to do some grading in that area

And they sprayed it on the large piles of dirt as well.

I wonder if its some kind of chemical that melts snow?

It's the hydro seed process without the seed, basically just the mulch component. It was done to help stabilize the site for the winter months and help minimize soil runoff.

Edited by Brutus

Just since yesterday morning they've put steel linels above the concrete columns for the second deck (in front of the structure) and steel for the upper passage now connects the tower to the grandstand building. Really starting to take shape; no snow in the forecast for at least another week.

I thought it might be grass seed too, but it looks like they still need to do some grading in that area

And they sprayed it on the large piles of dirt as well.

I wonder if its some kind of chemical that melts snow?

It's the hydro seed process without the seed, basically just the mulch component. It was done to help stabilize the site for the winter months and help minimize soil runoff.

Thanks Brutus.

Quick question - what is the deal with the old soccer scoreboard? Is that being left up for a reason?

For a different perspective, the view from near the Western Ave. entrancefordfield12092012010.jpg

and the rainwater retention pond

fordfield12092012014.jpg[

.The lower level of the elevator tower will house be of the ticket windows. The other ticket booth is n the north side and you can actually see the foundation now.

Is that this separate foundation here?

fordfield12092012006.jpg

to get a better sense of the depth of the grandstand

fordfield12092012005.jpg

didn't realize the concrete was INSIDE the steel (must be both inside and outside walls)

fordfield12092012001.jpg

don't know what they're unrolling here in the southeast corner - water barrier between the dirt and the base for the playing surface?fordfield12092012004.jpg

That separate foundation is for the North side ticket booth.

You can see it in the design here. You can also see tat the steel berms are exposed in front of the concrete on the first level. Second level is open and third is completely closed in.

b_065415.jpg

Edited by danefan

What are they rolling out, some type of thermal application?

That was my last picture yesterday, looks like gravel covering the tarp. The playing surface is supposed to be above a concrete base, but it might be too late in the year for that.

The field turf is laid on:

• half-inch thick finsh stone layer
  • 7-1/2" dynamic stone base (with panel drains)
  • geotextile fabric
  • compacted sub-grade

Same as the Rec Field.

What are they rolling out, some type of thermal application?

That was my last picture yesterday, looks like gravel covering the tarp. The playing surface is supposed to be above a concrete base, but it might be too late in the year for that.

The field turf is laid on:

• half-inch thick finsh stone layer
  • 7-1/2" dynamic stone base (with panel drains)
  • geotextile fabric
  • compacted sub-grade

Same as the Rec Field.

Thanks, I must have been remembering this drawing, but "ARTIFICIAL TURF ON CONC. SLAB" must refer only to the Players' Run and not the whole field

entrancerampa.png