UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

sarge and click...what are you talking about? please explain

I didn't catch the halftime show so I can't speak to that but...the post game show was very gimmicky. One of the guys was almost completely inaudible, sounded as if his volume was turned down and he clearly didn't enunciate the least bit. The second guy was louder and I had to keep turning the radio up or down depending on who was talking. During the section of the show where they were going over scores around the country they spend like a minute on ROLL TIDE...back and forth.

It was gimmicky... awkward to listen to. Hopefully it improves, lots of room for improvement.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are students...because it is a student radio station! At the same time, when you are basically kicked out of the press box and prevented from doing something you really want to do and you are now designated in going over sponsors how would you feel?

they are students...because it is a student radio station! At the same time, when you are basically kicked out of the press box and prevented from doing something you really want to do and you are now designated in going over sponsors how would you feel?

I don't understand why are you are upset with me...I understand that it's a student station, these kids are in school to LEARN. This is part of that learning process and I don't mean them any disrespect...I'm just shaking my head that the games were taken off of a professional radio station with professionals doing the post-game. The decision to do so seems at this stage to a be a head-scratched...best of luck to the young men doing the postgame, I'll be listening next week, hopefully they will improve. BTW...8 miles up the Northway around exit 7 the feed of this station is STATIC, as in...a complete zero just static...again, terrible decision. You can't get it unless you are sitting under the antenna beaming the signal.

On the bright side, the radio stream on the phone worked great....Rodger is Rodger which is OK.

Edited by Clickclack

From Pete Dougherty at the TU on Thursday: "Charlie Voelker, associate athletic director of external affairs at UAlbany, said the money that has been paid to WOFX (980 AM) in past years will be earmarked toward enchancing live streaming of athletic events."

So for those of you who aren't fans of the move to WCDB..would you rather have 980 or workable video streaming? And unless you found a money tree.."both" isn't an option.

From Pete Dougherty at the TU on Thursday: "Charlie Voelker, associate athletic director of external affairs at UAlbany, said the money that has been paid to WOFX (980 AM) in past years will be earmarked toward enchancing live streaming of athletic events."

So for those of you who aren't fans of the move to WCDB..would you rather have 980 or workable video streaming? And unless you found a money tree.."both" isn't an option.

Fair enough...I don't utilize the video stream much as I'm at games but if that's the case then that's a worthwhile endeavor.

sarge and click...what are you talking about? please explain

GD06 - The halftime segment was completely unorganized. I understand that it will take a while to work out the timing of the segment.

I'm not looking for a professionally produced show but there are many things that would improve the off the cuff banter and giving scores that are all over the place.

- why not record an interview with a player each week and play it during the halftime segment?

- when giving scores, give the NEC scores first - have the espn page up and give the scores as they appear - at one point they were waiting for the page to refresh, just give the scores as they are when you start.

- give CAA scores next and talk about the new league for next year.

- spend a little more time reviewing the game stats during the segment - they are available on the ualbanysports.com website

- spend a little time planning what you are going to do and in what order

That said the guys seem to have potential, good personalities, able to create conversation with each other.

Given time the production value should go up.

As you know it's alot of work to prepare for a broadcast, if they do the research and create a more structured format - I think they will do fine.

as for Boom - there were a few akward silences followed by excited utterances - but never rose to Boom level