UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I don't like this scheduling. It's lose/lose. No money/No publicity

If we're going to play a team that can beat Pitt then I'd rather play Pitt and get the spotlight of playing a FBS team and $$$.

I'm assuming we're not getting paid since their also FCS. If we were playing Pitt we'd get the great publicity of playing a Big East team and $500,000. How much did Maine or Savanannah State pocket this weekend?

We may be getting paid.

We got cash to play Montana.

Plus...F THAT $iena...If I am a player...i want to play this game. As a fan...I want to play this game. They are no better than teams we played in the past, including a really good Montana team...and a No. 1 at the time Northeastern.

We win this game....it makes a season...it catapults us to the Top 15-20 automatically. If we lose...no big deal.

And although I haven't dug into Pitt's story, it is looking like they are quite weak.

I like this game. I say play the best of the best, and let Fordie's magic shine. If we are competitive,

and I believe we will be, then its a positive. And if not, its a no biggie.

Still rememeber Montana's crowd appreciated our effort. That was cool.

Think big! And let's hope we pocket some cash.

Edited by uofalbany

The only thing bad about this scheduling is that we have to go to RMU, YSU and Maine three weeks in a row. Those are three long and tough trips.

I want to see FBS teams as much as anyone, but we don't have the scholarships yet to attract any attention. We might soon, but not yet.

Massey gives us a 6% chance this weekend...#bigtimedog

http://masseyratings.com/team.php?t=123&s=181623

I was looking at our schedule this morning and this confirms my thoughts. What a front-loaded schedule!

If we can get through the next 3 weeks at 2-1, we have a real shot at going 10-1.

2-1 isn't going to be easy though. Monmouth is tough. They absolutely demolished URI on Saturday.