UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

19th UAlbany President

Clickclack

All I can say and hope for is that our new president provides a little attention and focus to some of the sports and facilities that need some upgrading. Everyone's wish has been granted....big stadium with big time football....now is time for the rest of our student athletes! Kudos and best of luck to President Philip.....he is a great guy who has done so much for the university, the students and the athletic program.

Edited by GreatDane87

• 2 weeks later...

399170_10151245670664734_1106244026_n.jpg

What kind of fake ass UAlbany jersey did we give our 19th President? Is that supposed to be a jersey from the 60's or something? At least cough up some extra money and get him a real one players wear now.

Look at those sleeves!

LSU has the same type of jersey, with the shoulders a different shade from the body. CAA's Towson only down 24-9 to LSU to start the fourth.

LWTJUQWKCGUULSO.20120916041914.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

399170_10151245670664734_1106244026_n.jpg

What kind of fake ass UAlbany jersey did we give our 19th President? Is that supposed to be a jersey from the 60's or something? At least cough up some extra money and get him a real one players wear now.

Look at those sleeves!

LSU has the same type of jersey, with the shoulders a different shade from the body. CAA's Towson only down 24-9 to LSU to start the fourth.

LWTJUQWKCGUULSO.20120916041914.jpg

Our presiden'ts jersey's sleves are the size of that guys whole jersey. My point was why couldnt we have given him an authentic UA one and not that thing we gave him.

Presidential Transition Advisory Committee has been named

http://blog.timesunion.com/asp/2606/names-of-presidential-transition-committee-group-announced/

questions, opinions or ideas should be directed to preztransition@albany.edu

No offense to Vives or any of our track and field supporters on this board, but I think a representative from a revenue sport should have been named. Football and Basketball are the future of the athletic department at UA.

http://blog.timesunion.com/asp/2606/names-of-presidential-transition-committee-group-announced/

No offense to Vives or any of our track and field supporters on this board, but I think a representative from a revenue sport should have been named. Football and Basketball are the future of the athletic department at UA.

Agreed...

I look at it from a different angle.

E-mailing you after lunch.

• 2 months later...

George Philip's farewell letter

To the UAlbany Family:

The time has come for me to say goodbye.

Over the last five years, you have provided me with a most extraordinary experience and I will greatly miss you. My calendar has been defined by the special traditions and rhythms of campus life, such as to mention just one this months commencement ceremony celebrating our newest graduates. I will miss these moments, as well.

Just as our newest graduates are moving on to new phases in their lives, I too am charting a new path. In a few days, a new year begins and UAlbanys new president, Dr. Robert Jones, starts his tenure here. New beginnings offer new opportunities. I see great days ahead for UAlbany.

I thank each and every one of you for all you have done to make UAlbany such an outstanding university. Always remember how much you can accomplish by working together to carry out our important mission. Be proud of your efforts and be proud of our University.

I wish you all the best in the days ahead. Happy New Year!

Sincerely yours,

George M. Philip

President

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We went to the inauguration this morning as well as the speakers series tonight and it was great. I haven't had the chance to hear the President speak for more than a few minutes so it was great to hear him for a longer time this morning at his inauguration. It was very touching and he shed some tears when a surprise video of Desmund Tutu came up congratulation him on his new role. He spoke about the four pillars he want's to focus on..if I can remember, they were ..

1) expand degree granting programs

2) increasing out of state and international students, UA is currently the lowest % in the SUNY system and he wants to have the highest % in (five yrs?)

3) expanding the engagement w/ the community, with 2.5 million volunteer hours a yr for staff, faculty, alumni and students

4) growing university resources, wants the endowment to be go from $40M to $100M in five years.

He also started a scholarship that he and his wife donated $100K to, they want it to grow to $1M

I really enjoyed how invigorated he was about community engagement.

Edited by MsGDG

• 2 weeks later...