UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I was strongly thinking of going; but now I see that the game is on TW3. I saw Albany's game Sunday vs Hartford and I am afraid this years team could struggle. They really lost a lot from graduation and so far no newbies seem to be stepping up. Our two new setter prospects were benched in favor of Gabby playing out of position (she did a pretty good job actually, but she is no Brooke Stanley--but than again who is.)

Anyhow, I am still undecided and I am curious bob, pound and others if you are actually going or not?

Edited by dslyank

I was strongly thinking of going; but now I see that the game is on TW3. I saw Albany's game Sunday vs Hartford and I am afraid this years team could struggle. They really lost a lot from graduation and so far no newbies seem to be stepping up. Our two new setter prospects were benched in favor of Gabby playing out of position (she did a pretty good job actually, but she is no Brooke Stanley--but than again who is.)

Anyhow, I am still undecided and I am curious bob, pound and others if you are actually going or not?

I will be there. It is not the same to heckle LCC on TV. :D

Edited by bob87

Very young team with a lot of injuries. All three senior leaders with major injury issues. In the past we were able to bring in freshman talent who were able to contribute (even dominate) right away. That does not appear to be the case this year. That is not to say the youngsters will not get better; only that at this point, they do not appear to have the skill and talent of previous recruiting classes. This with the injuries could lead to a very long year.

Also, for those who were there it appeared to me the public address announcer was not only a "homer", but particularly rude about it. Some of his comments particularly on match point were even hurtful to the Albany girls. Maybe, I am wrong but I have been to many opponent stadiums and fields, and never felt such an unprofessional public address announcer as last night.

Edited by dslyank

Very young team with a lot of injuries. All three senior leaders with major injury issues. In the past we were able to bring in freshman talent who were able to contribute (even dominate) right away. That does not appear to be the case this year. That is not to say the youngsters will not get better; only that at this point, they do not appear to have the skill and talent of previous recruiting classes. This with the injuries could lead to a very long year.

Also, for those who were there it appeared to me the public address announcer was not only a "homer", but particularly rude about it. Some of his comments particularly on match point were even hurtful to the Albany girls. Maybe, I am wrong but I have been to many opponent stadiums and fields, and never felt such an unprofessional public address announcer as last night.

That BS athletic department tries to get their licks in when they can...case in point a few years back the press release after Siena once again beat us in basketball, I'm sure some of your remember. Usually their press releases are tail tucked between legs but once a decade when they beat us in lacrosse (their lone win) or volleyball they puff out their chest.

Personally outside of Basketball, Football and lacrosse I don't really follow other sports at UA very closely but my sense is they rarely win in anything, this year they've had a bit more sucess. Eventually they have to beat us at something other then basketball...10% winning percentage dictates that they will eventually beat us in something other then basketball. Their best lacrosse team in years still lost to our down team...'aint that a kick in the teeth.

Edited by Clickclack

That was kind of surprising. I think our former announcer used to be pretty energetic - trying to get the crowd into cheers, etc - but wasn't snarky like we heard last night.

Hopefully this team can gel. I really don't know volleyball well enough to articulate what I saw but there wasn't much cohesion last night. In large part because there were some strange mixtures of freshman and jucos out there who probably haven't played much together.

Hopefully this team can gel. I really don't know volleyball well enough to articulate what I saw but there wasn't much cohesion last night. In large part because there were some strange mixtures of freshman and jucos out there who probably haven't played much together.

I think what you saw was a lot of looking at each other, nobody sure who's ball it was, followed by diving and improvising. Hope that will improve as the season goes on.

Great to see that a beaten-up Danes team is better than Stony Brook. 3-1 winners today. It doesn't look like any of the seniors played today. We had guessed they were all injured to some degree the other night. I guess it's promising that we can win with the young players.

72 your assessment of the $iena game was right-on. And it looks like they may have corrected some of those faults as they beat brook with (as pound said) no seniors. I saw Traci @ the football game, she has an upper ankle sprain and expects to miss only a week (according to the box score, she actually did appear in one set @ brooks). I would have thought brooks would have a better team than $ien@??? Dunja has a stress factor and I can only guess that Gabby must have some sort of groin injury or back injury based on the wrap she has been wearing.

Edited by dslyank