UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we might lose that game today. I didn't think I'd have to watch that humiliation.

Hats off to Wagner. They played as a team and with a ton of passion and purpose. I would have admired it if they weren't beating living snot out of my team at the time.

While I'm at it, you were totally right Bob, it looks like they did practice this week. They were prepared, the only ones on the field who were.

With the exception of the Monmouth game, this team looks to have played it's best football during the OOC. I hope that gets turned around.

BTW, I'm leaving the "top 25" banner up at the top of the page. If refers to Field Hockey.

If this is an indication of the team's abilities without Smith, next year will be painful.

Sorry but with or without Smith, this team is a long way from being ready for the CAA. We were lucky to win at St. Francis and Sacred Heart gave us a run for or money @ homecoming. We struggled against two terrible teams and yesterday got our @ss handed to us by Wagner, a team who practiced most of the week short players and in post hurricane conditions. Yet they were ready to play and UA offense, defense, special teams and coaching were all MIA yesterday. The crowd was pretty pathetic too.

Robert Morris beat Dusquene yesterday or a loss to them would move us into third place in a league we were suppose to dominate. Even if we beat them, then we have ask them {hope/prey/whatever} to turn it around and to beat Wagner at Wagner. I know we will have a few more scholarships to give before we jump to the CAA next year, but does this sound like a team who is ready to make this jump??

If this is an indication of the team's abilities without Smith, next year will be painful.

Sorry but with or without Smith, this team is a long way from being ready for the CAA. We were lucky to win at St. Francis and Sacred Heart gave us a run for or money @ homecoming. We struggled against two terrible teams and yesterday got our @ss handed to us by Wagner, a team who practiced most of the week short players and in post hurricane conditions. Yet they were ready to play and UA offense, defense, special teams and coaching were all MIA yesterday. The crowd was pretty pathetic too.

Robert Morris beat Dusquene yesterday or a loss to them would move us into third place in a league we were suppose to dominate. Even if we beat them, then we have ask them {hope/prey/whatever} to turn it around and to beat Wagner at Wagner. I know we will have a few more scholarships to give before we jump to the CAA next year, but does this sound like a team who is ready to make this jump??

Let's not go crazy now. I know I started this track of thought but UA is a flagship state university. CAA is the bare minimum home for a school of our size and position. We'll do just fine in thee CAA but it will take time. This loss was a good wake up call. Maybe we needed this to get our head in the game.

With Rhode Island in the league, we're guaranteed at least one win.