UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Duquesne 11/9/12

This is the first time I've seen the board so slow a day before the eve of a new basketball season. Crickets...

Nothing yet to talk about...

That's true. I just feel there's been more chatter in previous years. Oh well. I for one am excited for basketball seasn to be back.

Will Brown was on Wyland's radio show Monday. When asked who would be starting, all he said was "Mike Black" :rolleyes:

He said at Saturday's scrimmage, Puk was playing against a center who would 'be playing in the NBA next year' and he held his own.

Duq has a new coach this year (Jim Ferry, formerly of LIU), expect them to try to play uptempo while packing it in to force us to beat them with jump shots - not necessarily the worst thing for us.

Duquesne game notes

I believe we scrimmaged Bucknell saturday 11/3. I have no idea how we did, other than what I read above concerning Puk. Coaches have to be careful what they say concerning closed scrimmages-ncaa rules. Even though I never fully understood the difference between closed and open ie $iena vs Skidmore. Anyone know when a scrimmage is open/closed "ncaa wise" ? or is it just a mutual coaching decision between teams???

T_U blog says it was Bucknell. Hooley dislocated a finger on his non-shooting hand but will play, Tanner Gibson still out with possible stress fracture.

Closed scrimmages are more teaching sessions, coaches can stop action to teach, or ask the other team to play a certain defense to practice against. Siena/Skid was game conditions. Why this makes a difference about a public audience, I don't know.

This is the first time I've seen the board so slow a day before the eve of a new basketball season. Crickets...

It might be hangover from the Wagner football game. Or maybe disbelief that it's already basketball season.

Hooley just cannot catch a break. Hopefully he survives practice to do some damage to the other guys for a change.

I'm looking forward to Friday.

It might be hangover from the Wagner football game. Or maybe disbelief that it's already basketball season.

I'm looking forward to Friday.

I'll be there Friday as well, but other stuff on my mind lately :(