UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tickets to Siena game

After the pain of last year's game I decided to take a year off.

Price Chopper Advantage card + nosebleed seats = $13 tickets + My first men's UAlbany basketball game in nearly a year.

After blowing a 19 point lead against an undermanned rival, a year of exile was needed.

I know rivalry games are tightly contested affairs, but this year UA has a win at Washington, and Siena has a loss at Maine. Call me a fair weather fan, but lose this year and I am not coming back to a men's UAlbany game until more attention is given to beating the intra-city rival.

Don't tell me it is just another game when you lose, and dance around the court with the trophy when you win.

We should be and act disappointed any time we lose to these guys. (Notable exception of the senior-laden McCaffery team that didn't even let UA sniff a lead.)

An honest question, but how does a win against Siena get us to the NCAA's which is the point of playing college basketball isn't it?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An honest question, but how does a win against Siena get us to the NCAA's which is the point of playing college basketball isn't it?

It doesn't get us to the NCAAs. It gets us local exposure and relevance. It gets us more air time and more face time, and it gets the casual fan more interested. It also gets 10-12K people each year to stand up and take notice.

I for one never truly bought into the idea that the season should be all about the NCAAs. Point to your local dominance of a historically successful rival in front of 10-12K people each year, and that (to me) would provide some of the means to get to the NCAAs.

Let UVM hinge their success on making it to the NCAAs, as that is all they have. We have a regionally significant rivalry game that draws five figures for attendance. Play for that, and play for the NCAAs.

And at the risk of fanning the flames, for the past five years the season seems to have gone like this:

Lose OOC games (including the Siena game): "OOC doesn't matter. All the matters is conference games."

Lose conference games: "Conference games don't matter. All that matters is the conference tournament."

Lose in the conference tournament: "Next year we will be older and better."

Every game should matter, and every loss should hurt. Especially one that showcases your team's talent in front of 10K of your most interested fans.

Point of the matter is this game MATTERS...as much as LCC fans want to deny it...look at their reaction. It matter to us...it matter to them and the next person including our coach to say otherwise should look at the reaction after every one of these games...for either side. It bothers me that coach says it's just another game...NO IT'S NOT...NO IT'S NOT!

Also annoyed re-watching the game on TW3...Sienas program got all the pub, their coaches were interviewed, their sponsors got air time, the post game was focused on Siena...in front how many thousand who watched it at home. They got the publicity not us...FAIR CONTRACT HOME AND HOME OR McElroy needs to explain to all UA fans why he's incapable of getting a fair contract! How many years is this man gonna get bullied around by that tiny school? I will not attend after this contract expires if we get no games at SEFCU. These terms are not acceptable.

Edited by Clickclack

Still politically correct

I'd like to see a game at SEFCU every other year but keep the tickets out of the season ticket package (but season ticket holders get 1st choice) so we could charge more for the game.

Maybe the Siena fans would boycott the game (that would be great) like they want to do their next homegame after we humbled them saturday. All kidding aside the atmosphere would really be electric.

Still politically correct

I'd like to see a game at SEFCU every other year but keep the tickets out of the season ticket package (but season ticket holders get 1st choice) so we could charge more for the game.

Maybe the Siena fans would boycott the game (that would be great) like they want to do their next homegame after we humbled them saturday. All kidding aside the atmosphere would really be electric.

I don't care how they sell the tickets. Break it out seperately, Keep it in with the rest of the season ticket with season tickets costing more the year we have a home game. I check as many boxes as I need on my season tickets form. Football, Volleyball, baseketball regular season and conference tournament this year. I can handle 1 more box. It doesn't matter. Just long overdue to get a home game.

As there are about 340 better places to go on the road in d1, I am done going on the road to that garbage school. I go to schools I haven't been before whenever I can and schools good enough to play a home and home.