UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tickets to Siena game

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could call Brian Rudolph at the UAlbany Box Office he sent out an email that says he has tickets in sections 123-126 available 518-437-4415 or you could just buy them from the TU.. but who knows who you would end up sitting next to (green and gold).

If you don't want your money going to evil, I would get in touch with Brian quickly. Our allotment usually goes quickly. It seems like the allotment is small this year. A lot of our fans are fed up with this arrangement, but enough still go that our allotment usually goes quickly. Those that wait until the week before the game are usually stuck subsiding $iena or not going at all.

Last year somebody (I think time-warner) had a $5 deal [top four rows if I remember right], and it was the only reason I attended. I do not think UA should continue to support this unfair arrangement with $iena/TU. A number of us have been asking for years that the game be home and home; or 50/50 TU split; or every other year UA considered the "home" team by the TU. Why even schedule this game when we can go to Ohio or Washington and make $130,000. But if you are going, get your tickets from Brian Rudolph @ UA and at least we will make a little.

I can't wait for the day when a basketball game on the first Saturday in December is considered the second most important game of the day to the U Albany community. In other words, I would rather be watching a round of 16 football playoff game that day at home in the new stadium in the not too distant future.

I don't think the game should be played anywhere else, but the times union center. Although, I do believe we should get a 50/50 split of the revenue or a lot better than what we get now. A lot of alums go back to Albany for this game and moving it to sefcu wouldn't be fair due to the limited amount of seats.

It really was not my intent to bring up this argument again, but as long as it seems to come up every year here is a thought which I am not sure if it has been considered before: First of all, the TU is a public building and I do not see any reason why UA can not rent it two or three times per year and bring in some big name teams (we did it against Syracuse a few years back). I know the argument against this is the Macc/$iena floor etc. Well that floor is portable and is removed for every hockey game and other venues. Why can't a second generic floor be provided or since I believe the floor comes in sections, they would only need to replace the "offensive" parts. Other $iena/Macc paraphernalia can be rolled up, covered, or at least minimized. So, this would be done every other year when UA is the home team and any other times UA brings in a Washington, Ohio State or Syracuse.

OK shoot my theory down--where is the flaw????? I do not think a portable floor would be all that expensive??

Edited by dslyank

My understanding is that when Siena moved into that building as a tentant that they had a contract with the TU that all of the Siena banner and signs and court etc. would be there no matter who used the floor even if we rented it. Additionally, they had a provision in the contract that stipulated no other college basketball game can be played I blieve 1 or 2 before or after a Siena game, effectivly locking us out of the building. All of these provisions were put in place to lock UA out of the venue when they caught wind that we were moving to D1.

As of their recent contract, from what I've heard (someone correct me if I'm wrong)...Siena tried to keep all of these things in the countract. The TUC told them no more...if we wanted to have a game there all mention of Siena would be scrubbed from the TUC, the lockout of the building around the Siena game has also been lifted. The TU has contacted UA and asked for us to move some of our games there...I support our administrations position in not moving to the TUC. We are not there yet as a program...if/when the day comes where we sell out SEFCU regularly then maybe. It will looks stupid having 2k people in a 14k arena...

Agreed. Did the TU use a separate floor when the Knicks playe the Celtics there preseason? I think it'd be great to be able to rent the building and bring in a BCS program. The thing is Siena couldn't really bring in any BCS schools either and they've been playing there for a while. They got Stanford and GT, but other than that they've never had any other major programs play there. I don't know if Cuse has played them there or not though.

Agreed. Did the TU use a separate floor when the Knicks playe the Celtics there preseason? I think it'd be great to be able to rent the building and bring in a BCS program. The thing is Siena couldn't really bring in any BCS schools either and they've been playing there for a while. They got Stanford and GT, but other than that they've never had any other major programs play there. I don't know if Cuse has played them there or not though.

Syracuse only played them at the Knick the year Craig Forth was a senior. He was a local kid from East Greenbush if I remember correctly. It was a legimate sellout (as opposed to what LCC now claims as a sell out) and like a Syracuse home game. I got to see it as I bought tickets at the carrier dome box ofice when I was at the carrier dome watching a football game.

It really was not my intent to bring up this argument again, but as long as it seems to come up every year here is a thought which I am not sure if it has been considered before: First of all, the TU is a public building and I do not see any reason why UA can not rent it two or three times per year and bring in some big name teams (we did it against Syracuse a few years back). I know the argument against this is the Macc/$iena floor etc. Well that floor is portable and is removed for every hockey game and other venues. Why can't a second generic floor be provided or since I believe the floor comes in sections, they would only need to replace the "offensive" parts. Other $iena/Macc paraphernalia can be rolled up, covered, or at least minimized. So, this would be done every other year when UA is the home team and any other times UA brings in a Washington, Ohio State or Syracuse.

OK shoot my theory down--where is the flaw????? I do not think a portable floor would be all that expensive??

I see no flaw in your argument just an administration that won't even try to get a balanced contract.

Maybe they thought they could not "rock the boat" politically or were concentrating resources on finally getting the football stadium done. I don't know.

My feelings are clear. I don't care where they play, but it has to be a true neutral site game or a true home and home seires. I am not going this year. I hope to spend my dollars a pro UAlbany establishment after the game.

I

Reminder about the Alumni Event http://www.alumnicon...tscalendar.html

UAlbany vs. Siena Pregame Party

Event date: December 1, 2012 4:00 PM

Event end date: December 1, 2012 7:00 PM

Location: Wolf's 1-11 Arena Sports Grill ~ 51 South Pearl Street ~ Albany (Formerly Broadway Joe's)

Description:An annual tradition not to be missed. Cheer on your Great Danes as they take on cross-town rivals the Siena Saints on Saturday, Dec. 1. Stop by Wolf's 1-11 Arena Sports Grill, 51 South Pearl Street, for some food and a drink before the women's and men's games. Party starts at 4:00 pm; Women's game at 5:00 pm and Men's game at 7:30 pm. Cost is $15.

Edited by MsGDG

I like the idea...if teams, including UA, are going to start doing a home-and-home, why not do it with your rival? Allows both teams to bring in profit. I think it would be more of Siena getting the stick out of their lower body part however before it happens. I would say within 3 years, you do 1 TU game, 1 UA game and third year home and home...done.