UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I'm hoping the stadium will be done soon enough that there could be some kind of introductory tour/event where we could wander around and check out the views before submitting our preferences. Front row might be best if there's no aisle in front of you with people walking and blocking your view; aisle seats might be more convenient for you, again depending on whether fans standing on the stairs are in your way; depends on the angle of elevation.

I am too, but I am pretty sure any seat 1 get will have better sightlines than any seat that was attempted to be sold to me at the Knickerbocker arena over the last number of years to watch our annual basketball game against the community college. And the best thing is no money from any football games goes to support that lesser school.

Click, Dane Pound and others, I asked the sight line question and preview seat selection question @ the 2012 opener. In addition, I had three other questions:

1. is the $1000 a one time assessment/donation or would it be required every year?

2. is it fair to give preference to someone who lays down $1000, over donors who have been giving for years and in many cases have given many more thousands over time??

3. what do you do if the premium seats do not sell out (it is going to look pretty bad if your best section is empty [this happened at the new Yankee stadium and was very awkward resolving]).

These question were posed in writing and have NOT been answered and I do not think they can legitimately market the new stadium before they are answered; and everyone should be asking these questions. Even if the answers are not popular they need to be addressed. Particularly #1--Is the cost of the seat $1140 per year? There are NCAA and perhaps legal ramifications to how this is answered (I know it is customary at many larger programs to have donor $ requirements, but this must be spelled out and made clear). Again if the seats don't sell what do you do in year two, give them away and give back the $1000 donated in year one? Besides being more fair to long time donors, UA needs to be CLEAR and FORTHRIGHT (legally and otherwise) and so far, they have been NOT.

Edited by dslyank

I was told the $1000 was for each year and it is per 2 seats. Too pricy for me as am getting 3 regular seats.

As far as your point #2, I wouldn't be surprise if they didn't keep good track of prior donations. If they had, they could have been some point system where you weight current donations heavier, but stiill count prior donations at some factor and then sell the seats based on those points,

Click, Dane Pound and others, I asked the sight line question and preview seat selection question @ the 2012 opener. In addition, I had three other questions:

1. is the $1000 a one time assessment/donation or would it be required every year?

2. is it fair to give preference to someone who lays down $1000, over donors who have been giving for years and in many cases have given many more thousands over time??

3. what do you do if the premium seats do not sell out (it is going to look pretty bad if your best section is empty [this happened at the new Yankee stadium and was very awkward resolving]).

These question were posed in writing and have NOT been answered and I do not think they can legitimately market the new stadium before they are answered; and everyone should be asking these questions. Even if the answers are not popular they need to be addressed. Particularly #1--Is the cost of the seat $1140 per year? There are NCAA and perhaps legal ramifications to how this is answered (I know it is customary at many larger programs to have donor $ requirements, but this must be spelled out and made clear). Again if the seats don't sell what do you do in year two, give them away and give back the $1000 donated in year one? Besides being more fair to long time donors, UA needs to be CLEAR and FORTHRIGHT (legally and otherwise) and so far, they have been NOT.

They are never going to answer #s 2 and 3 and they shouldn't have to.

#2 is a subjective opinion. It's common practice to require new levels of donation for specific things.

#3. Why would they answer this? If they say they'll lower the price why would anyone buy them now?

They should be able to easily answer #1. I would suggest submitting that question to the ticket office alone. I suspect you'll get an answer.

Edited by danefan

And let's give these guys a little break this year. There are going to be bumps in the road. As far as I know none of these folks have a whole lot of experience running a large venue.

And I'm not necessarily the first one to argue about giving anyone a break in the athletic dept.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I find information on pricing in the new stadium? Is it online somewhere or just sent to season ticket holders? Even though I would only be able to make it to a game or two a season, I'd like to buy season tickets and figure out a way to donate the tickets to the rest of the games to the school somehow. Anyone have thoughts on what I could do to get a couple free tickets to people for the games I can't make? Student Association? Community Group? Or would it be better to just donate that money instead of buying the tickets?

Or is this all just stupid and no one will want the tickets because they can easily just go and buy cheap tickets or free student tickets???? end rambling post......

Here's the email sent to season ticket holders on Dec. 19

Dear UAlbany Season Ticketholders,

Yesterday, UAlbany Athletics and its Football program announced its 2013 CAA Conference Schedule. Along with that release is the start of the season ticket campaign. Thank you to those of you who filled out the information cards at the home football games this past season, I have compiled all of that information and will use it as a reference moving forward. SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE so please call or email me if you would like to officially reserve your seats for next year. The following information will help you make your decision:

2013 Football Season Ticket Prices:

GOLD CLUB: $140 per seat for donors of $1,000 or more (up to 2 seats)

LOWER RESERVED: $100 per seat

UPPER RESERVED: $75 per seat

A few final notes:

Gold Club deposits will be accepted in two ways: (4) $250 deposits throughout the spring/summer of 2013 or $1,000 paid in full.

Individual tickets will go on sale August 1st, 2013

The non-conference portion of the schedule will be announced at a later date

The stadium construction is on schedule so don’t forget to check the webcam online:

Stadium Webcam

To make your reservation please call me (518) 437-4415.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Brian Rudolph