UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Bing

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see coach Brown tinker with the line up after he saw what happened at Vermont. In many article's, he stated that he was thinking of changing the lineup, but was afraid to do so with the winning aura that the team was engaged in.

My true thought is that he went to Coach "Abe" and bounced a few of his thoughts off her to see what her opinion was! It should be interesting in Maine to see how his gameplan will change if they try to shut down UAlbany's guards.

By the way, why no thread on the most productive and inspiring "new" coaching hire and her absolute leap to success, that being Coach "Abe". Her hiring and the way she transitioned the Women's basketball individuals into a cohesive, successful, integrated TEAM from the abysmal mess it was under Coach Trina Patterson is AWE INSPIRING! Coach "Abe" not only took the individuals that Coach Patterson had, but made them successsful in the first year she coached the team. Then add to that the RECRUITING she did for the UAlbany Sports program ...all Coach "Abe" did was to get the UAlbany Womens Basketball TEAM to it's FIRST EVER NCAA DIV ! Post season invite. Third, Coach "Abe" has a record of 3 - 0 over the hated "evil empire" known as Siena over the last 3 years...she has routinely "kicked their butts"!

And what do you hear from the UAlbany Sports community and it's fans....nothing! It's amazing how many fans want the UAlbany Sports Department to become as big as the University of Michigan, Ohio State, or numerous other "big time" colleges / universities, BUT don't want to support, ....hell, TALK ABOUT and TALK UP one of the universities leading sports programs

Wonder how long it took the University of Tennessee faithful to back and support Coach Summitt and revel in her successes (how many NCAA Div 1 National Champions did Coach Summitt have?) over her male counterpart's "successes" at the University?!

Being wet behind the ears on the bpf board, you've missed plenty of lively chatter over the years.

Coach Abe's success and impact has been well noted here, and certainly hasn't gone without praise.

Who knows if Brown went to Abe for her opinion, but I can't imagine he'd have time between team responsibilities and

his social media accounts.

Appreciate the suggestion, Maddog; I will try to liven up the views and opinions of the UAlbany Sports community on the basketball prowess that I believe Coach "Abe" exhibits, particularily from Day One when she arrived.

Coach Abe rocks, but that strength of schedule needs a little attention. (I'm trying to play fair.)

PS: Speaking of the programs stepping it up, did you see that the women's tennis team got a professional player for next semester (and next semester only)? How they convinced her to come here instead of a Stanford or a UCLA or some school in Florida is beyond me. Anyhow, she is definitely a story to watch in the Spring.

How they convinced her to come here instead of a Stanford or a UCLA or some school in Florida is beyond me.

It's gotta be the football stadium!

Speaking of the women's team, no wonder we haven't posted about them in a while. Saturday will be their first home game since November ?!?