UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ Fairfield 1pm 2/23

Ed_Cooley_Mens_Basketball_coach_at_Fairfield_1.jpg

Video: http://client.stretc...irfield.portal# (no price listed for single games, site says $99 for home basketball) may be added here for free as it gets closer to game time http://www.firstrow1...basketball.html

Stats: http://www.sidearmst...scoreboard.aspx

Fairfield is 17-11 and 9-7 in the MAAC. Of their last 8 games they have won 7.

@AndrewSantillo

UAlbany freshman Peter Hooley (concussion) made trip to Fairfield, but will not play tomorrow vs Stags

Edited by MsGDG

2-0 against the MAAC is a pretty good day.

Fairfield isn't a bad team to get your 20th win against. First 20 win season since 2007 I think they said.

No offense to our seniors but a lot of the credit for this win goes to "next year's" lineup. Going into this game I thought there would be a big speed difference between our backcourt and Fairfield. I didn't notice one, especially when DJ Evans was on the floor. I thought he might have been the quickest guy out there. Whatever John Puk and Sam Rowley ate or drank today I hope they order it by the case for the next couple of games. Great to see our frontcourt carry us offensively.

Edited by Dane Pound

This is a nice win. Couldn't watch or listen, but 3rd best win rpi wise.

What explanation is there for continuing to lose to UVM/SBU and BU? Obviously there is some talent here...Brown should be proud that they won this game but it makes things even more puzzling why we can't beat good teams in our league.

This game is close to home but I have both my kids today with the wife away for the weekend. So, if you see an Albany fan behind the bench with two small kids say Hi! Go Danes!

Blonde girl and a boy in a blue shirt, front row? You were right next to me, but I'd already left home before you posted, so I didn't know.

What explanation is there for continuing to lose to UVM/SBU and BU? Obviously there is some talent here...Brown should be proud that they won this game but it makes things even more puzzling why we can't beat good teams in our league.

Maybe the best AE teams are better than MAAC teams?

Black still must not be completely healthy. At one point WB told Mike he was going to keep him on the bench for as long as he could.

20-win season. Anyone watch the game and able to provide insight on the win?

Was at the game. Our team did some press which was something new. We went inside a lot and Puk had a great game. We didn't shoot well from three, to be honest I'm not sure how many threes we attempted, didn't seem like a lot but haven't looked at the stats yet. Both teams had many turn overs, we even had a stretch of 3 or 4 in a row and that same time Fairfield also turned it over a ton. We played a short bench but saw some new combinations. Fairfield looked like a talented team but their shots were just not going in.

This game is close to home but I have both my kids today with the wife away for the weekend. So, if you see an Albany fan behind the bench with two small kids say Hi! Go Danes!

Blonde girl and a boy in a blue shirt, front row? You were right next to me, but I'd already left home before you posted, so I didn't know.

Maybe the best AE teams are better than MAAC teams?

Black still must not be completely healthy. At one point WB told Mike he was going to keep him on the bench for as long as he could.

Not sure if it has anything to do with his health or how he felt but I did see the trainer give him an energy bar or something to eat mid game.

Was at the game. Our team did some press which was something new. We went inside a lot and Puk had a great game. We didn't shoot well from three, to be honest I'm not sure how many threes we attempted, didn't seem like a lot but haven't looked at the stats yet. Both teams had many turn overs, we even had a stretch of 3 or 4 in a row and that same time Fairfield also turned it over a ton. We played a short bench but saw some new combinations. Fairfield looked like a talented team but their shots were just not going in.

MsGDG, It looks like the observations you made about the game are reflected in the actual stats: threes attempted and made, turnovers, inside game, etc. How was the attendance at the game? Were many UA fans there? I cannot find the attendance numbers in the stats. Hope you had a good trip back.