UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

As I read about the transfers Stony Brook gets every year I began to wonder what our record will look like in 2013. We must absolutly win all the OOC games and be 4-0 heading into CAA play. CAA play is going to be a daunting task.

I went to the Spring Game with Danefan this year and we did look very athletic on Offense. The QB from Colgate that transfered is absolutly going to play along with the starter. He has a strong arm and a quick release and can run. So we are set at QB. The OL has decent size but they will be smaller than most of the teams we line up against in the CAA. So lining up and running down the throats of the CAA wiull be a tall order this season. As the years move forward that philosophy will work when we get bigger anbd more athletic upfront. I just think back to UMASS OL from 2008. They were bigger than the Giants. The WR and passing game is where we are going to need to be very good at to move the chains. The RB's are pretty good (not as good as SBU's) and we will need to get them to the perimeter and out in space.

If we can get 3 CAA wins and 4 OOC wins that would be a great season in year 1.

Edited by Ruler

One of those OOC games is at Old Dominion, right? I'd imagine that will be just a bit of a tall order.

I think Ruler is saying we need to go into ODU at 4-0

My prediction - a tall order for sure.

@ Duquesne - W

@ Colgate - W

vs. Rhode Island - W

vs. CCSU - W

@ ODU - L

@ JMU - L

@ Delaware - W

vs. Towson - L

@ Richmond - L

vs. Maine - W

vs. UNH - W

@ SBU - L

One of those OOC games is at Old Dominion, right? I'd imagine that will be just a bit of a tall order.

@ Duquesne - W

@ Colgate - W

vs. Rhode Island - W

vs. CCSU - W

@ ODU - L

@ JMU - L

@ Delaware - W

vs. Towson - L

@ Richmond - L

vs. Maine - W

vs. UNH - W

@ SBU - L

OK prediction overall, but I would not concede SBU. We always play them tough and I do not think they are that far ahead of us. Should be a very interesting year.

@ Duquesne - W

@ Colgate - W

vs. Rhode Island - W

vs. CCSU - W

@ ODU - L

@ JMU - L

@ Delaware - W

vs. Towson - L

@ Richmond - L

vs. Maine - W

vs. UNH - W

@ SBU - L

OK prediction overall, but I would not concede SBU. We always play them tough and I do not think they are that far ahead of us. Should be a very interesting year.

SBU is a very very good team.

I think we can get to 7 wins a number of ways. 7 wins would also probably make the playoffs this year as they are expaded to 24 teams and a lot of perennial powers (App Stat, Georgia Southern, ODU) are no eligible due to FBS moves.

Hard to believe we are 47 days from football (I think that's the intent of the countdown clock)...when do full practices start? I love not having the Giants on campus...we will have our facilities to ourselves.

The countdown is to the July 1 official membership in CAA FB.

Around this Saturday the AGS board will begin its (possibly last) Great App State Countdown - 100 days until opening kickoff featuring your team's player who wears that day's number.

7-5 (4-4) would be great but I don't think any of the league games are a lock.

@ Duquesne - W

@ Colgate - W

vs. Rhode Island - W

vs. CCSU - W

@ ODU - L

@ JMU - L

@ Delaware - W

vs. Towson - L

@ Richmond - L

vs. Maine - W

vs. UNH - W

@ SBU - L

That is correct. We can't afford to lose to the lesser teams on our schedule. Old Dominion may beat us by 30 as they are that good. They are basically an FBS team.

Edited by Ruler

I think anything over .500 this year has to be considered a very good year. I hope I'm wrong but I would not be surprised if we only win 1 CAA game just because the wear and tear on this team from week to week is going to put a huge strain on a team like us with a scholarship disadvantage. I'm hoping that the stadium gives us a huge boost but I am sort of expecting us to look like an expansion team compared to the big boys. Give us a few years and I think we will make huge strides but I'm tempering my expectations for this year.

Hard to believe we are 47 days from football (I think that's the intent of the countdown clock)...when do full practices start? I love not having the Giants on campus...we will have our facilities to ourselves.

The UAlbany schedule has a countdown clock to midnight of the opening game - 107+ days as of tonight (Wed.)

I think practice starts around August 6 or 7 - reading the NCAA manual for the first permissible practice felt like counting down for the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

17.02.11 Practice Units.

In determining the first permissible preseason practice date, an institution shall count back from its first scheduled contest, one unit for each day beginning with the opening of classes, one unit for each day classes are not in session in the week of the first scheduled intercollegiate contest and two units for each other day in the preseason practice period, except that the institution shall not count any units during the preseason when all institutional dormitories are closed, the institution’s team must leave campus, and practice is not conducted.

(Adopted: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91, Revised: 1/10/92, 4/14/03)

17.02.11.1 Sunday.

Sundays are excluded from the counting. (Adopted: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91)

17.02.11.2 Week.The “week” of the first scheduled intercollegiate contest is defined as the six days, excluding Sunday, preceding the date of competition (even if one or more of the days fall into different traditional calendar weeks).

(Adopted: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91)

17.02.11.3 Opening Day of Classes.

The “opening day of classes” is defined as the first day of classes as listed in the member institution’s official catalog. Required freshman orientation is not considered to be the opening day of classes for the academic year.

(Adopted: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/91)

17.02.11.4 First Day of Practice. The first day of practice may be conducted on the day when the last practice unit occurs, which is determined by counting backward from the day of the first permissible regularly scheduled contest. For example, in women’s volleyball, practice may be held on the day that the 29th practice unit actually occurs, counting backward from the day of the first permissible regularly scheduled contest.

• 2 weeks later...

Sporting News picks us to finish 8th in the CAA

2013 CAA FOOTBALL PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH

1. Villanova*!

2. Towson*

3. Richmond*

4. Stony Brook

5. New Hampshire*

6. James Madison

7. Maine

8. UAlbany

9. Delaware

10. William and Mary

11. Rhode Island

http://caafootball.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/let-the-preseason-projections-begin/

Edited by danefan

1. Villanova*!

2. Towson*

3. Richmond*

4. Stony Brook

5. New Hampshire*

6. James Madison

7. Maine

8. UAlbany

9. Delaware

10. William and Mary

11. Rhode Island

http://caafootball.w...jections-begin/

Well...umm...'aint that something...I guess this is what it looks like to step up to the CAA...

1. Villanova*!

2. Towson*

3. Richmond*

4. Stony Brook

5. New Hampshire*

6. James Madison

7. Maine

8. UAlbany

9. Delaware

10. William and Mary

11. Rhode Island

http://caafootball.w...jections-begin/

Well...umm...'aint that something...I guess this is what it looks like to step up to the CAA...

Last year 4 teams tied for 1st.

With our relatively easy OOC schedule, we could go .500 in conference and still make the playoffs.

24 teams in the playoffs this year. The CAA could definitely get 5 teams in.