UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a scarier note.. Towson beat UConn and UConn is beating 15 Michigan right now... Homecoming is going to be rough..very rough...

Mentioned to DP as we were walking to our cars.. not sure Bob Ford will ever have a W in his own field. Kinda a sad thought.

And I'm a Michigan fan. Basketball season can't come soon enough.

I think most of us knew it would probably be a losing season... I just didn't think it would be this terrible... Still love being there as a fan although I left early with the small kids today. It's a process, the future is bright with the facilities and recruiting appears to be good. Might take a little while...

We haven't lost two consecutive home games since 2005 as far as I can figure. Awful time for that to change.

Like Click said, we all thought this would be a tough year but I thought we'd be 3-1 or 4-0 right now and THEN get it handed to us in the CAA portion of the schedule.

Really not many positives other than: the Marching Band has purple flags this time AND played a different song. Plus the Great Danes cookies at the concessions were pretty good.

What was attendance tonight?

I hope attendance will be the bright spot. I think getting additional stadium funding is based on attendance first and winning second. Usually their correlated but not necessarily. Big crowds and lousy record is better than small crowds and small attendance.

What was attendance tonight?

I hope attendance will be the bright spot. I think getting additional stadium funding is based on attendance first and winning second. Usually their correlated but not necessarily. Big crowds and lousy record is better than small crowds and small attendance.

6421 according to Singelais...

Had been hoping last week's game was a bit of a fluke because of all the excitement around the new stadium. Unfortunately..it looks like that's our team this year.

Outside of the maybe the running game..not really anything with the team has looked good..special teams/kicking..passing..defense. All leaving very much to be desired.

But I think it's been Fiachi who has puzzled me the most. The guy looked like a near-stud last year..with a strong accurate arm. I believe he set the team's single-season record for completed passes last year. Turn the calendar to 2013 and it looks like a completely different player out there. Poor decision-making..inaccurate passes..you name it. I don't know enough about the game to know how much of this is play calling..but even the best plays aren't very effective if your players aren't executing. I just wonder if/when we'll see Ryan Smith this season.

Like most of us..I knew this could be a long season. But I thought that would mainly be due to a step-up in competition..not also because of such a step-down in the team's on-field product. A now very possible 0-5 home record isn't exactly the way I was hoping Bob Ford Field would be ushered in.

We haven't lost two consecutive home games since 2005 as far as I can figure. Awful time for that to change.

Like Click said, we all thought this would be a tough year but I thought we'd be 3-1 or 4-0 right now and THEN get it handed to us in the CAA portion of the schedule.

Really not many positives other than: the Marching Band has purple flags this time AND played a different song. Plus the Great Danes cookies at the concessions were pretty good.

The $3 Great Danes cookies ARE good! The hot dog is also a good choice for the $4 price.

Frustrating. How many times did we come in on a blitz and just miss the QB? or they let us thru and nobody picked the RB on the dump-off screen?

On the 60-yard run their RB just ran past at least three guys in the secondary.

In past years its seems we'd have five or six RBs we could use. This year it's just Omar and the undersized Presley, plus Meeks in the wildcat. Sometimes it looks the the ground game is starting to get going, but you need more than one good runner to keep it up for any length of time.

Couldn't agree with you more danefan. I've been watching UA football since its inception and can't recall a more disappointing team than this one. Besides a horrendous season, I worry about the impact such a record may have on future recruiting. It is painful to watch this team.