UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: Purple & Gold Scrimmage & Meet/Greet info

MRSGDG

From obw site...this could be one of our biggest lineups in a long time.

Projected Starting Lineup:

G – Anthony Odunsi, Jr., 6’4” 210

G – Peter Hooley, R-Soph., 6’4” 200

F – Gary Johnson, Sr., 6’6” 205

F – Sam Rowley, Jr., 6’6” 230

C – John Puk, R-Sr., 6’10” 235

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiousity, anyone know why? Was it an issue of red-shirting? Playing time? Fit in the system?

With both guard positions wide open more or less, Jiggetts move does not appear to make a lot of sense; unless he simply is not as good as he and his father think he is. OR his leaving maybe has nothing to do with playing time?? He was suppose to compete and be as good as his friend who is probably starting for $iena. If he could not not break into our rotation, maybe we have advanced far beyond the Gonzonga of the East? OR maybe he just got homesick, it has happened to us before.

Unanimous for the women to win again:

http://www.americaea...TCLID=209284783

It looks like the fear/respect for Coach Abe is a fait accompli.

I can't imagine Jen Rizotti from Hartford was happy that the AE Championship game will be on our floor regardless of seeding. It looks like a two team race this year with Albany and Hartford. If Hartford is the #1 seed and we're the #2 hosting the championship game I think her head might explode.

From obw site...this could be one of our biggest lineups in a long time.

Projected Starting Lineup:

G – Anthony Odunsi, Jr., 6’4” 210

G – Peter Hooley, R-Soph., 6’4” 200

F – Gary Johnson, Sr., 6’6” 205

F – Sam Rowley, Jr., 6’6” 230

C – John Puk, R-Sr., 6’10” 235

I've been rooting for DJ Evans to make the starting lineup. If it is Odunsi, Hooley, GJ, Rowley and Puk though that could be an outstanding defensive team. Big guards who are long and athletic. You really wouldn't have to "hide" anyone defensively, play man and switch all the time because it doesn't matter who is guarding who.

Edited by Dane Pound

I'm expecting DJ to play the PG but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Odunsi , Hooley and/or Haas get time there.

DJ gained alot of experience playing 11 minutes a game behind Mike Black last year and to me never looked flustered on the court and surely looked calm draining a big bucket against UVM in the big game.

DJ shot 36% from 3 and 78% from the FT line for the season

Without knowing anything other than numbers..it's certainly plausible Jiggetts was at least fourth on the PG depth chart. Evans, Odunsi and Haas all play the position. Two of them have DI experience..and the third has post-HS experience. That's also excluding Hooley who put up 3.1apg and had a 1.46/1 A/TO ratio as a freshman.

On YNN last night Brown commenting on team depth, said 12 players should compete for playing time right off. There are 14 on the roster; subtract the walk on Williams leaves 13. Anyone know if someone is red shirting or is just considered a long range project??? Is someone hurt? Or do you think Brown was only talking approximate and in generalities when he used the number TWELVE.

Hey guys,

Just had a good tweet session with Ryan Restivo @pioneer_pride and One bid Wonders @onebidwonders who cover a lot of AE basketball. They think the 7 1 link loves to rebound and is in the Kristen Zoellner mold whereas they really like Michael Rowley and think he's the real deal. Could have probably played at A-10/Pac -10/ WCC had he not followed the Aussies.

Feel free to check out the brief convo at @darylberg in case you're curious.

Great event last night. As someone said to me, the Meet and Greet seems to get better each year. Free food, basketball chat and some comedy, a good way to start the season.

Mike Wells was there last night. Hard to tell how quick he is at the meet and greet. I was impressed with the quick first step some BPF posters had in the buffet line.

In general, I was impressed how well a group of 18-22 year-old guys do with handed a microphone in front of a room full of people they don't know. I expected Peter Hooley to be the "most quotable Dane" but he had some tough competition last night.

My "all-media" team to send out for interviews:

Reese Williams - Hard to believe he's only a soph. Probably will sound smarter than the person interviewing him. Also wins the award for most jacked walk-on we've ever had.

Peter Hooley (of course)- LadyDP wishes she went after hearing that Hooley said women, like wine, get better as they age.

Levan Shengalia - Every team needs a big guy and Shengalia brought down the house.

Anders Haas - Maybe a bit of a wiseguy but I hope the cockyiness carries over to the court.

We have a scrimmage on Sunday. CB said he knew which five guys he'd start in the scrimmage but didn't say who they were.

At the meet and greet some of you may have seen the flyer for the Coaches Cure CF game on Feb 15th. GDG is organizing the event so I figured I'd post it here too. If anyone has silent auction donations or questions feel free to contact him -- contact info on the bottom of the post.

Coaches Cure CF Game

UAlbany Great Danes for Cystic Fibrosis Awareness

Saturday, February 15th

UAlbany vs. Maine

mle.png

There will be fundraising opportunities will include raffles and silent auction items such as sports memorabilia, travel and gift certificates.

Coaches Cure CF

Coaches Cure CF was started in 2011 by Kevin Willard, Head Coach of the Seton Hall Pirates Men’s Basketball Team, and Pat Lyons, Athletic Director of Seton Hall in conjunction with the Tarletsky family. It was created to bring awareness of Cystic Fibrosis to the college basketball community in a similar manner to that which Coaches vs Cancer has achieved for cancer. To date Seton Hall, Iona and Providence have participated in Coaches Cure CF.

What Is Cystic Fibrosis?

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that can clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections and may obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.

In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.

If you have any questions or would like to donate a silent auction item please contact Brian Fessler at 518-229-0267 or bcfessler@gmail.com