UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I didn't watch this.

Who's with me on chanting "FIRE *insert name*!!" chants at homecoming? Or is that in bad taste?

This team is pathetic. Like most, I knew it would be rough but this isn't rough...this is atrocious/disgusting/a debacle/etc.

Who's with me on chanting "FIRE *insert name*!!" chants at homecoming? Or is that in bad taste?

This team is pathetic. Like most, I knew it would be rough but this isn't rough...this is atrocious/disgusting/a debacle/etc.

No need to everyone can see what's going on... Give McElroy time to find a new staff and let coach ford go out without hearing that.

bad taste - to say the least

change is coming at the end of the season

too bad Fordie never got a chance with a full team but he did get us here

he is letting his assistants audition and they are not stepping up

as for who comes next - it won't be anyone who is here now

and they will come with a much higher price tag

no matter who it is it will take a couple more years

No need to everyone can see what's going on... Give McElroy time to find a new staff and let coach ford go out without hearing that.

wow - I agree with 100% with Click on this

No one likes to lose, especially if you are use to winnig. After the first quarter I thought we were going to lose by more than the ODU game. The second quarter wasn't much better but the second half showed the team didn't give up like the fans did!!! Think about high school sports--you have been class D and now the Section sends you to Class AA without an increase in enrollment. PATIENCE--keep buying season tickets and send in those donations.

What puts our losses into perspective is the losses for the teams that beat us.

1) URI lost to Brown a team we could easily beat in years past

2) ODU barely slipped by Liberty. Granted we haven't played Liberty much but SBU owned them for years and we nearly upset SBU last year. Certainly not a team that should hang 66 points on us.

3) Duquense is playing D2 schools and only winning with modest margins.

I expected this year to include more losses but last years team would have several more wins this year all other things being equal.

Yes the competition is better but the primary issue is we're significantly worse.

How is it that those close to the team didn't see this coming? I too removed to have seen this but the coaches should have known.

No one likes to lose, especially if you are use to winnig. After the first quarter I thought we were going to lose by more than the ODU game. The second quarter wasn't much better but the second half showed the team didn't give up like the fans did!!! Think about high school sports--you have been class D and now the Section sends you to Class AA without an increase in enrollment. PATIENCE--keep buying season tickets and send in those donations.

To be clear...I'm not going anywhere...there is something enticing about saying as a fan in my meager I'll support the team as they build up. I've been there since University Field days and will continue to support with season tickets and attendance. Just disappointed is all but not going anywhere.

Edited by Clickclack

What puts our losses into perspective is the losses for the teams that beat us.

1) URI lost to Brown a team we could easily beat in years past

2) ODU barely slipped by Liberty. Granted we haven't played Liberty much but SBU owned them for years and we nearly upset SBU last year. Certainly not a team that should hang 66 points on us.

3) Duquense is playing D2 schools and only winning with modest margins.

I expected this year to include more losses but last years team would have several more wins this year all other things being equal.

Yes the competition is better but the primary issue is we're significantly worse.

How is it that those close to the team didn't see this coming? I too removed to have seen this but the coaches should have known.

I'm not sure they didn't know...I just don't think you go into the season opening a new stadium and looking for season ticket holder by saying, listen we are gonna SUCK! I mean SUCK...in fact this may be my worst time in a decade+....

They (coaches) probably were hoping for the best...it hasn't turned out that way. Remember, Coach Ford pointed out numerous times that he didn't want to saddle a new coach with all the losses...kind of makes it sound like he knew exactly how this year was gonna go.

I wonder though what happened on the recruiting trail and why the talent is so poor...this is at best a mid/bottom half NEC team.

Moving forward though, the CAA, new stadium, hopefully a new energetic coaching staff and plenty of playing time considering the talent just isn't there should help out on the recruiting trail. My hope is that a new coach is hired ASAP...and he can immediately get to building his staff and getting out there.

I wonder if the impending retirement of coach Ford and the uncertainty surrounding that had anything to do with the drop off in talent. I'd imagine it isn't the easiest thing to do having to go into a recruits home and tell them well...I'm very close to retirement. Not sure how many kids would jump on that type of situation. In a case like this Ford probably should have been grooming his replacement for the last few years which would have afforded stability. Unless of course they thought McCarthy was that guy...*shutters at the thought*

I agree that a new stadium and new coach should bring enthusiasm and help recruiting.

When does recruiting for next years players occur? Is that now, after the season or are they already committed? I guess I'm asking assuming we hire a new coach today what impact is there on next year's team's talent?

I agree that a new stadium and new coach should bring enthusiasm and help recruiting.

When does recruiting for next years players occur? Is that now, after the season or are they already committed? I guess I'm asking assuming we hire a new coach today what impact is there on next year's team's talent?

Recruiting has been going on since last year as they were juniors.

I'm my opinion, we need a new coach announced and started by the middle of December. That may be a problem if the new coach is coming from a successful program and is still playing in the postseason. That's a good issue to have though. One you deal with.