UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big game change unlikely

a sincere thank you to Steve Amedio for an excellent article/argument ... it is time for the UA fan/alumni base to put a little pressure on Dr. McElroy to "step the ____ up!!!!!" ... I enjoy that game as much as anyone, but I have had enough ... if a game at SEFCU is not an option, then UA needs to insist that it is a "true neutral game" when it comes to ticket distribution ... as a loyal/loud fan, it is difficult for me to imagine not going downtown to support the team, but Bob87 and others should be not be criticized for their boycott, because in reality, if the UA fan base did not show up, the administration might get a message ... and they might just actually grow a ____

Come on bob, lighten up. Obviously, it is light hearted fun.

How about you 'call' for it, and maybe it might get done.

As for the fans that actually go downtown to see the game, I'm sure the team and coach Brown appreciate the support.

If it took only me calling for it, this would have been changed years ago.

Obviously coach Brown and the team appreciate the support at each and every game. I have heard them express thanks many times. But he also understands there are people beyond frustrated with this arrangement . I may be more vocal about it, but I am in no means alone,.

a sincere thank you to Steve Amedio for an excellent article/argument ... it is time for the UA fan/alumni base to put a little pressure on Dr. McElroy to "step the ____ up!!!!!" ... I enjoy that game as much as anyone, but I have had enough ... if a game at SEFCU is not an option, then UA needs to insist that it is a "true neutral game" when it comes to ticket distribution ... as a loyal/loud fan, it is difficult for me to imagine not going downtown to support the team, but Bob87 and others should be not be criticized for their boycott, because in reality, if the UA fan base did not show up, the administration might get a message ... and they might just actually grow a ____

92 Thank you for putting what I am trying to say, better than I did.

Click I am not saying you are less of a fan for going. I am just saying if the fans act the same way( buying the tickets for the LCC game) why would the administration change their actions.

And yes I wish I was there to see this game maybe even a little more than other games just because seeing low major LCC fans leave the building after losing their super bowl is so enjoyable. But I can't justify continuing to go to this game under the current inequality

Edited by bob87

Click I am not saying you are less of a fan for going. I am just saying if the fans act the same way( buying the tickets for the LCC game) why would the administration change their actions.

And yes I wish I was there to see this game maybe even a little more than other games just because seeing low major LCC fans leave the building after losing their super bowl is so enjoyable. But I can't justify continuing to go to this game under the current inequality

Understood...It was glories to see the hit the exits last night. I'm sure you would have really enjoyed it.

I'd bet ALL people are beyond frustrated. Some boycott, some attend religiously, and some on occasion, for various reasons.

If terms were different, I'd have my tickets the day they went on sale. I normally don't make plans for anything until the last minute.

Each and every year, the AD hears of my dissatisfaction with the terms of this game, and they have heard my views on many issues concerning UA sports for a long time. The only way the terms change is if the masses are vocal... whether they attend now or not.

On the other hand..this is the type of fair article you can get when the media outlet doesn't own naming rights to the venue that one of the teams play in.

http://www.troyrecor...lity-in-rivalry

Great opinion by Amodeo. It's refreshing to see a different point of view from the media. Something needs to be done to change the current format. It's obvious that SEFCU can't hold the venue for the amount of fan interest in the game. I would prefer the setup where the two teams alternate home court status every year. Anyone - whether it's a Siena fan or a Times Union writer - who advocates for continuing the current arrangement is plainly disrespectful, illogical, and selfishly childish. I cannot think of any excuse to continue this sham. Contracts can be renegotiated and rewritten. I thought the issue of always being forced to sit in the back of public venues was decided once and for all about 50 years ago. Perhaps UA fans need to organize and protest the current setup publicly. Maybe some fans could make up some placards and parade in front of the Times Union Center next year the night of the game.

Understood...It was glories to see the hit the exits last night. I'm sure you would have really enjoyed it.

Seeing the exodus was as sweet as Christmas morning!